Mikael: On the coming album.

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
I just saw this on metalssucks.net:

"Singer Mikael Stanne, from famous band Dark Tranquillity granted us an interview, right after he had answered some fan's questions ( (Interview)) for us. So it was very interesting to see that, "apparently", he had some big news.

And he did.

Here's what he said in this short interview:

Mikael Stanne: We're all very busy touring right now, and can't wait to continue with it. We'll obviously tour a lot before we rest a bit and then talk about the new album.
Adam: Yes, how has the tour been?
MS: It's been great, and we can't wait to continue with Primordial as headliners in May.
A: Yes, my guess too. And what how do you think the response to "We Are thew Void" has been?
MS: Even if there've been some mixed reviews, in general we've obtained very positive feedback.
A: What incited Niklas to have another person do the cover?
MS: Oh I don't know, it just happened, it's always nice to have some variety.
A: You mentioned before something about a new album, are you saying that you have a new album ready?
MS: Of course not, it's not ready. But we've already composed several songs, about 8 or 9, which are actually in the final stages (of composition). They haven't been mixed, but you could say, I guess, that most of the songs are ready.
A: That's amazing! You've just released "We Are the Void", and you already have the new album?
MS: Again, it's not that "we have" the new album, we just have some new songs ready. I've already added the lyrics too, but right now we have a bunch of songs without voices, since i haven't been able to record the vocals, for obvious reasons.
A: So you've actually written the lyrics too?
MS: Yeah, they're pretty dense.
A: And what can you tell us about the music?
MS: Oh, you're gonna love it. We've received, in general, very positive reviews with "We Are the Void", so we decided to take it one step further. There's a little bit of everything in the new album, but it's basically some nu-metal with keyboards. By nu-metal I obviously mean concerning the riffs and drumming, not the singing, which is still very much Death-style.
A: OK… how do you intend to mix nu-metal with Dark Tranquillity?
MS: We were thinking a lot during the tour, as if we should do this or not, but in the end I think it turned out pretty interesting.
A: So all this came up during the tour with KSE and TDWP?
MS: Not really, most of the songs were written before the tour, but I guess the tour did somewhat influence in the overall musical style of the album.
A: Do you have a name? When will it be released?
MS: Haha we don't even have names for the tracks! And we have no idea when it'll be released, there's a lot of touring to do, so my guess is in three years, the average time for our releases.
A: OK, thank you very much for granting us the interview, and good luck with the tour!
MS: Thank you and see you in one of the gigs!

- - -

I don't know what to think… When I saw the interview ((here) I couldn't believe my eyes.

It wasn't obvious until the nu metal bit, I'll give you that. ;)

Haha OK. I decided to continue with the tradition, even if I didn't write one last year. I didn't because the previous one wasn't very nice (DT members dying, and what was worse was that most people believed it), so I thought it was better to skip one year.

Oh yes, I'm loving the promise of nu-metal. Perhaps they'll even open for Slipknot this summer.

:lol:

The way things are nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised to be honest :lol: (kind of sad, actually).

Yeah, there were a couple problems with this. Not that I caught on right away; I was just really confused as to what it was.

1. The question about Niklas not doing the cover got a different answer than either Niklas or Mikael has given in any of the recent interviews.
2. As a general rule, I don't think the guys in DT write on the road. At the very least, they're not going to get 8-9 songs fully written.
3. Members of DT, like all artists, self-edit. I've no doubt they could write a dozen songs in that time, but any good artist would throw away all but the best of it and go back to work.
4. The interviewer totally failed the basic DT interview template. No question about the Gothenburg scene, phrased carefully to imply that all GBG bands basically sounded the same?

No, something is not right here. It's not right at all!