Mikael, what songs are your most proud of?

I have my favorites, but I think Mike should be proud of everything he has ever written, the good and the bad. All of it has gotten him to the point he's reached today.

Ghost of Perdition, Deliverence and Isolation Years. Ruby eyes also has a good point yea

HEAVY METAL MACHINE!! STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!

Pethical said:
he did say at Melb 2 that he thinks that some parts of TNATSW are pretty cool, so its not a straight dislike for the song.

Im pretty sure that he didnt like it because it reminded him too much of his grandfather who died when they were recording the album. Im pretty sure thats what i read, but i could be wrong. And only recently he has started to like it.

His favorite tracks (from Opeth.com)

Hope leaves, Deliverance, Bleak, Face of Melinda, When, Nectar, Under the weeping moon, Isolation years, Baying of the hounds

Sean Casey said:
His favorite tracks (from Opeth.com)

Hope leaves, Deliverance, Bleak, Face of Melinda, When, Nectar, Under the weeping moon, Isolation years, Baying of the hounds

told you.

It's quite difficult to say. Some songs are my faves because of a 3 second passage that just ties it all together so nice, like the song "Blackwater park" has a real smooth passage that I just think is fantastic! Other than that "Isolation years" and "Hope leaves" are my fave calm songs I guess. "Harvest" is really good too I think. That guitar solo is my best ever! If I may say so myself....

"Deliverance" is one of the ultimate Opeth songs I believe, "April ethereal" is nice..."The moor" definately has it's moments but the mix dropout is so annoying for me to listen to. "Benighted" is nice but solo's too low in the mix...overall "Still life" has too much reverb on the drums but the songs are killer...probably one of my fave Lp's! "Ghost of perdition" is definately up there although I remember at first listen I thought it was like a freakout explosion of fucked up ideas...love it now tho'!

From the very early material I'd have to say "Under the weeping moon" since we've been playing it a lot lately and...gosh, "The night and the silent water". I need to change my profile thingie on the webpage. This song is very emotional to play live, on record I don't really like it, but live it just kinda overflows with emotion. Makes my happy actually, I always believed in that song but was so dissapointed with the recording.

Thanks for asking!
Cheers
Mike