Mike from Opeth wants to Tour with Swano/EOS

Now who would not want that? ;)

Edit: On a related note, there was some talk about EOS doing a goodbye gig this summer if things worked out during rehearsals... Do you, Dan, feel like confirming/"dementera" (what's the english word?) this?

Thanatopsis123 said:
Why would he have to have been drunk? Am I missing something here?
No, sorry, he needn't have been drunk... I just found the idea amusing, the reaction from various record companies when they'd see the price tag on such a "guest appearance" :) I'm sure Mike would be one of the best tour companions, he's an excellent dude... one of the few people I really like :) (*misantrophic face on*) Actually, he's the sort of chappie you'd want as a brother. And he still has my Dimmornas Bro single!!!!

i think that dan should release a DVD or something like that... some Nightingale super DVD or that sort of things that would make fans very happy ( SPECIALLY THIS ONE !!!!! )

i haven't heard any Dan's stuff for a while and now i'm listening unicorn and it is incredible the power and feeling that it has, that got me back into Dan's music all over again, for my fifth year listening him... i guess he's my very music idol, no kidding... just to say that... and ROCK ON!!!!

by the way, i once told a friend of mine, that it would be very awesome that BLOODBATH may tour somewhere in the world, because, with the members, they could play bloodbath, katatonia, nightingale and other stuff shit to make a SUPERB TOUR!!! that's really worth a DVD for some fans (like me) that can't fly to europe to see them live.... i hope this would get real some day, and be sure, i'll be the very first to buy the video or CD.... but, really, that would fucking rock!!!!!!!!!

Well don't count on a Swano/Opeth tour anytime soon I just talked to Mike 2 hours ago, where GENE HOGLUND!!! filled in on drums for 2 songs, got a $5 rebate, and got to meet the whole band including Martin Lopez, who will be returning on drums tomorrow. Mike said "It looks BLEAK (ba doom chh)(not too sure if he realized what he said but I thought it was funny)." But that was my night, a once and a lifetime chance never to happen again. So I'm in a great mood hoorah!! :)

Gene Hoglan*

Quite an expert,from what I've read he nailed The Drapery Falls right away after hearing it a couple times,Demon Of The Fall took him two tries. Not during the set of course.
Would be cool to get Dan touring with any band in Finland one day...

TheFourthHorseman said:
Mikael has said that he has plans for an album that will be their most extreme one...I'll just plug in the DVD and repeat his words for you cause I'm such a nice guy and I haven't got better things to do. Except sleep.

"I've got PLANS. I haven't started writing,but I've got plans to do a beautiful,extreme,bordering to black metal album...and I've been actually thinking about doing a concept,maybe with occult content. But I'm not sure exactly,because I haven't started really...but I wanna make sure whatever we do in the future,we are going to be well prepared. And obviously,it's going to be the best album we've ever done."

I edited his words little bit,took out all the umm's and made some sentences look like sentences instead of words put together with lots of commas...but the context is the same.

Wrote that on another board. Guess it covers up some of his ideas.

I don't really like opeth's newest albums.... they just don't do anything for me. I was kinda pissed too because the dvd that i got is all their new soft stuff. I think the dvd is kinda a waste. IMO

When i went to the show here in montreal, mike said that he was going to make the next album like morningrise.... that would be cool.

Opeth should do a trance techno album next.

Eras close, energy beckons.

Trees and water are always cool, though ;)