Mike: The campaign starts here!

Ahh, don't know about that. I'm not really a Cardiacs fan..they're too hysterical for my taste. I'm talking to Steven Wilson about it, it's either him or no producer at all.
I've never considered us a "band with a producer" til we had Steve work with us, he contributed directly to the music in a different way than our previous "producers/engineers". Fredman is a master of sounds and Dan knows his stuff too, but Steve is a fucking musical genious in all departments, hands down....I have never been influenced like this since I can't remember when.

Lee, call me sometime..do you have my number?
Mike

Originally posted by Hearse
In case he don't, but your number in here :D
(I'll promise I don't call you...ehh, very often :lol: )

ps. Yep Wilson is a damn creative man!

:lol: Yeah go on ;)

I just got recordings :yow: I walked into the record shop, it turns out all of porcupine tree live within a few miles of me and their drummer shops regulaly at the shop I bought the cd... which was cool! Wilson is damn talented ;)

Cool. Blackwater Park is magnificent!
Godisanathiest WHAT a grand discovery for you! That is the first and only album I own so far. Fantastic.

Hearse said:
In case he don't, but your number in here :D
(I'll promise I don't call you...ehh, very often :lol: )

ps. Yep Wilson is a damn creative man!
Well, i could just look in the phone catalogue... but even doing that would feel anything but right. I'd rather don't!

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Ahh, don't know about that. I'm not really a Cardiacs fan..they're too hysterical for my taste. I'm talking to Steven Wilson about it, it's either him or no producer at all.
I've never considered us a "band with a producer" til we had Steve work with us, he contributed directly to the music in a different way than our previous "producers/engineers". Fredman is a master of sounds and Dan knows his stuff too, but Steve is a fucking musical genious in all departments, hands down....I have never been influenced like this since I can't remember when.

Lee, call me sometime..do you have my number?
Mike
Damn I completly forgot your number...
PM me!

Lee

Personally, I liked Opeth albums not influenced by Steven W. better. They had a different character and feel to them. Of course its a matter of preference, but I prefer MAYH, SL type production and arrangements.