Mike Tramp Tourdates

Karsten

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Sorry guys, a little of topic here..

This is my annual Tramp tour announcement:

Mike Tramp has again announced some european dates.If you do not know Mike Tramp as a solo artist, maybe you know him for being the singer and boss of "White Lion" and "Freak of Nature"...He went solo after the split up of FON and has released three brilliant solo albums ever since and a great live 2CD set last year.

Expect some 2h+ of handmade honest rock 'n roll at every shows.Tramp and his current band is among the nicest and most down to earth chaps that you'll ever meet.Ticket prices are always extra reasonable, last year the were something like 10 -15 Euro at most shows.

A few of you went last year and were quite pleased (Paxoman, please lend me a hand here...they also play your backyard somewhere in Manchester)

Anyway, here's the dates:

15.10.2004 DK-GODSET, Kolding
16.10.2004 DK-BANEHUSET, Sommersted
19.10.2004 D-LOGO, Hamburg
20.10.2004 D-ROCKFABRIK, Ludwigsburg
21.10.2004 D-GARAGE, Munich
22.10.2004 D-QUASIMODO, Berlin
23.10.2004 D-MATRIX, Bochum
25.10.2004 D-NACHTLEBEN, Frankfurt
27.10.2004 B-SPIRIT OF 66, Verviers
28.10.2004 F-LE PLAN, Paris
29.10.2004 UK-UNDERWORLD, London
30.10.2004 UK-CORPORATION, Sheffield
31.10.2004 UK-JILLY’s ROCK WORLD, Manchester
04.11.2004 DK-PUMPEHUSET, Copenhagen

Yeah I can second what Karsten says. I wasn't familiar with any of Mike Tramps stuff, but went to see him at the Underworld last year and was very impressed, and really enjoyed the gig. Karsten was kind enough to send me a CD of one of the shows from the last tour, and I love it. I can definitely recommend going to see Mike Tramp.

Yeah all being well we'll be there at the Manchester gig. Well, at least me anyway cos Sammi isn't quite as convinced as I am about Mike Tramp! But then again she is into UB40! So if you are reading this Mike, don't feel so bad! :lol:

hey Karsten,
thats about made my day...
Mike Tramp playing my fav London venue (again i might add).
Yep he sure does play some of the finest Rock around.
i'm onto it to get tickets and spread the word.
Cheers
pete :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Cool Pete, thank you very much for helping a fellow rocker out.Spread the word , please...Rock 'n Roll needs everyones support these days where World Idol idiots and Big Brother stupidity is about to take over peoples minds..

Tramp promised to bring a brandnew setlist compared to last years show..and he tours with Texan killer slinger guitarist Lance Keltner on lead guitar (www.lancekeltner.com)...this dude is hot !!!

Go there or go square!!!

Karsten

News from Mike
----------------
Message From Mike
I am sorry that I can't announce any USA dates at the moment. I am working on possibilities for Spring 2005. As I always point out. I simply just can't fly to the USA and play for 3 people in Loraine, Ohio. But trust me I am working on a solution. Cause I know there's a way and you know I have the will.

Nobody will be left out. And same goes for DVDS and CDS. Yes, I have sold some DVDS at the Australian shows. But the ones yet to come will be fully manufactured and not made at home. It all takes money and time. I am sorry it's a bit easier to throw a European tour together than the USA, but we will get it going. Thanks for your patience.

The Tramp shop will be up and running as soon as I visually can see the products. I will not take orders before I know I can deliver. I also want you know, that beside the long awaited "The Bootleg series" which officially will be a limited box set (a total of 7 cds). I am also going to release new Tramp music in the form of an album called, "Songs I Left Behind" a total of 14 unheard and unreleased songs. With an additional two bonus tracks of two of my songs in their original version. This album will be ready by the first European show and there is a possibility that it will be a double album with the second album being "Best of Tramp". Again for the USA fans and everywhere else. It will be in the Tramp Shop which should be open prior to the tour starting.

On the subject of touring. The European band will be:

Texan guitar slinger Lance Keltner on guitar (www.lancekeltner.com)
Claus Langeskov on Bass and
Kasper Foss on Drums.

The band has put a new killer set together, that will feature a lot of songs I've never played as Tramp.

German dates will be a double bill together with Turkey's finest Rock'n'Roller "Demir Demirkan" (www.ulftone.com).

A big thanks to Paul Drennan, Stephen Crafter and Matt McAuliffe, also known as Stand, my Australian band. We have had some great Aussie shows and the fans who come to shows and supported me/us, are just great, and it's all been a blast. "The Down Under Thunder" will continue in December when I return to OZ.

So rest assure I am working day and night on making everything happen. Please bring your friends to the shows or convert strangers on the street to Tramp music. This is not World idol or lame ass Big Brother.

This is Tramp, and I am not a fashion but a way of life.
Peace to you all,

Tramp.

Well, here's an update (as of yesterday september 13th)

A few things and venues changed since the last announcement...unfortunately Manchester doesn't look like it's gonna happen (sorry Paxoman!!!)

Support on all UK dates is provided by Yorkshire band Deadline (www.deadlineuk.com) who will have copies of their new CD Mind The Step available that night. Opening band is classic rockers Silverjet.

MIKE TRAMP
------------

20.10.2004 D-GARAGE, Munich

21.10.2004 D-ROEHRE, Stuttgart

24.10.2004 CH-ROCK CITY, Uster

26.10.2004 NL-DE LANTAARN, Hellendorn

28.10.2004 F-Le Plan, Paris

31.10.2004 UK-TRILLIANS, Newcastle

06.11.2004 DK-STARS, Vordingborg

Mike forwarded me these firm and final dates...(@Paxoman..I'm afraid but Manchester is now officially cancelled)

MIKE TRAMP
------------

20.10.2004 D-GARAGE, Munich

21.10.2004 D-ROEHRE, Stuttgart

24.10.2004 CH-ROCK CITY, Uster

26.10.2004 NL-DE LANTAARN, Hellendorn

28.10.2004 F-Le Plan, Paris

31.10.2004 UK-TRILLIANS, Newcastle

06.11.2004 DK-STARS, Vordingborg

Go there and have fun guys....

Karsten

No, unfortunately I only got the message that it most definitely will not take place..There's still a slight chance that it does take place since there's a few days between what now looks to be the end of the UK part and the show at Pumpehuset in Copenhagen november 4th.

@ saxonator...looking at your banner which holds some 20+ bands I cannot believe that you are so narrow minded..

No, it's not off topic since we are all here because we all love great RNR music and that's what Tramp delivers...I'd suggest that you go there and check him out.
FYI:Mike Tramp used to be the frontman of "White Lion", maybe this rings a bell (assuming there is any, of course:loco: )

SAXONATOR said:
wtf is mike tramp ?

maybe someone who likes kelly trump ?

really too off-topic 4 me

isn´t this a saxonboard ? O.O

:D
Saxonator since Saxon don't release albums weekly and tour daily, we often express our opinions regarding other bands we have seen, or are going to see.
:hotjump:

Are you saying we can't do that now??? And if so who put you in charge?? :confused:

Lighten up eh, if you want to know who Mike Tramp is ask "Who is Mike Tramp?"

And remember you don't have to read non Saxon threads...... jog on :wave:

Paxoman said:
Can't believe he cancelled the Manchester gig! Did he say why he cancelled it Karsten?
Pax not sure if you have a motor?

But get over to Sheffield its only 45 mins away form Manny :headbang:

See you in a couple of weeks. (See hi to Sammi :wave: )

Fingers said:
Pax not sure if you have a motor?

But get over to Sheffield its only 45 mins away form Manny :headbang:

See you in a couple of weeks. (See hi to Sammi :wave: )
Yeah Pax, Fingers is right...get off your lazy butt and head out to Sheffield my friend and bring Sammi and make here a Trampster...:)Tickets are some 10 UK Pounds each...

Will supply you again with a crispy sbd recording from one of the german shows if you want...

And if this all doesn't help, here's a review of Tramps last show in OZ from last week:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Tramp yet again treated the punters at the Barwon Club, Geelong to a night of balls to the wall rock and roll on a cold and wet night on Friday September 10 to wind up his current Australian sojourn. Tramp roared onto stage with a brilliant, thumping version of More To Life Than This and then proceeded to hammer out some of the great tunes from his three solo releases including Already Gone, If I Live Tomorrow, Better Off and Wait Not For Me from Capricorn, Falling Down, Living A Lie, Mr Death, If It Ain’t Gonna Rock, Endless Highway and Darkness from his superb 2002 release Recovering the Wasted Years and the title track, Lay Down My Life For You, Don’t Want To Say Goodnight and Day by Day from the 2003 album More to Life Than This.

Candle was also included from the Freak Of Nature days, the group Tramp himself called the greatest band he has been in – the Live in Japan 1993 Freak of Nature DVD that Mike put together himself and made available at the show is a testament to that call, an amazing gig capped off by 3 unplugged songs from a performance in France 1993 including mind blowing renditions of Love Was Here and the Neil Young track Ohio. Everyone at the upcoming European gigs - GET IT !!! Mike’s halcyon days in White Lion were given tribute with Livin’ On the Edge, Little Fighter, Broken Heart, Wait and When the Children Cry all belted out strongly. The band sounded tight as a unit after numerous gigs together highlighted by some great lead playing by Paul Drennan.

Highlights of the show included More To Life Than This, Mr Death, Endless Highway, Darkness, Falling Down, Living A Lie, Wait Not For Me and Better Off which has grown into an absolute monster played live !! The intro lead into Better Off included the medley of Long Way To The Top, Boys Are Back In Town and We Will Rock You. The high quality Tramp solo material sadly doesn’t get the acclaim it deserves because of the shithouse state of the music industry today, the Idol type shows currently being churned out were rightfully dumped on by Mike during the set. Tramp talked up a revamped set list for future shows as well as his upcoming release Songs I Left Behind and a new future studio album, all of which should be keenly anticipated by his loyal fans.

Make no mistake, TRAMP IS THE REAL DEAL - living and breathing rock and roll with every word and beat of his heart – a rare live performer in the current music climate and a show not to be missed !!!!! The greatest compliment I can give the guy is that he has the balls to release and play GREAT NEW rock against the odds and isn’t content to play and live off past glories. He is moving forward and anyone turning up to just hear Little Fighter should probably move on with him and spread the word that GREAT NEW music is still being written and is out there even though sometimes it isn’t heard much. Get there and support the man where ever in the world you may be !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like mr tramp is having a ball these days on stage.Excellent.
I have my ticket and what an excellent weekend it is turning into first Mike Tramp on friday then the Great Biomechanical on saturday, so some good time Rock followed by mega thrash out of the head( can't say hair cause i don't have any :D )
So that means i have to dig out Freak of Nature cds as well and re listen to them so i can sing along (aka Badly) to those as well as all the solo songs and White lion ones.....phew my poor eardrums :headbang: :headbang:

Hey hey enough otherwise it might be gloves at dawn between fingers and Saxonator........
Obviously saxonator is fairly new to this site and yes we do discuse everything about different bands (including whos going to see Maiden / helloween and many maybe not so well known bands.but that is one way to spread the names and type of music they play.for instance my weekend soon is Magnum then saxon then dragonforce.... then i have mike tramp and then biomechanical..then therapy then machine head....to be honest you couldn't get a bit more mixed up if you tried).

Rock on peoples
pete

Fingers and Karsten - I don't drive but Sammi has recently bought a car. But getting her to drive to Sheffield is easier said than done, seeing as driving to the end of our road is pretty much the limit at the moment! :lol: Nah, she is not that bad but I think Sheffield is out of bounds at the moment!

See you next week Fingers.

Good job you added that last bit my dear, or you'd be getting a taxi back from Asda this weekend! :lol:

Paxoman said:
Fingers and Karsten - I don't drive but Sammi has recently bought a car. But getting her to drive to Sheffield is easier said than done, seeing as driving to the end of our road is pretty much the limit at the moment! :lol: Nah, she is not that bad but I think Sheffield is out of bounds at the moment!

See you next week Fingers.