Mike was right..."OPETH is not a phase..."....!!!!!

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
Yup....3 years....and goin strong....was introduced to them by a board memeber...Mancuz.....first song was TBYFW....adn ever sicne my fav band....i had my talllica phase.....my CoB phase.....my doom metal phase.....id like hte abnds..for afew months....adn then get bored of them.....hahahha.....hasnt happened yet to Opeth....and I doubt it will......theres so much to discover in each of thier song.....!!!.....a garden on sonic imagery if u will.....hahhaa.....Keep puttin ou tkiller records guys....!!!!....u rock my sox off....hahaha.....!!!!!.....PEAC EOUT

This might be interesting - has anyone been listening to Opeth since Orchid came out ('95)? Then we can TRULY know if Opeth isn't a phase. 3 years is hardly a significant test and people go through phases over much longer time spans.

I think that because all their albums are so diverse and contain so many different musical elements that it is very hard to get sick of this band. That's the one thing people keep asking me, is "why are you are still into Opeth?" and its simple really as they aren't pumping out the same shit always and are giving people what they want.

I think because the way pop music is these days that bands are only big for short period of time, maybe 1 or 2 albums and then they sink into trends of repeating themselves. Opeth seems to have steared clear of that and found what people are really looking for. I personally get bored of hearing the same stuff over and over, but found that Opeth isn't like other bands.

I've been an Opeth fan for a while now and still listen to their music on a daily basis. I think I speak for most of you by saying that their music has a way of grabbing and holding its fans and really do appreciate the fact that Opeth is a unique band for our generation.

I hope they keep pumping records out for a few more years because I'd really like to see where this band can go.

I have been a fan for almost 3 years. Damnation was the first Opeth material I ever heard. I remember being at Best Buy looking at Deliverance and Damnation, trying to remember which one was the heavy one since thats the one I wanted. I was a little disappointed that Damnation wasn't heavy and didn't quite like it at first, but then one day while listening to In My Time of Need it hit me like 10 tons of bricks.....this band is awesome.

not really bored considering i dont listen to em much anymore. but when i do, opeth always hits the spot.

Its been 6 years now, and I must admit my Opeth cd's have been gathering dust for the best of 3 of them. I was deeply disappointed by Ghost Reveries, which was probably the last nail in the coffin for me. Hopefully one day I'll get back into them.

Its been 6 years now, and I must admit my Opeth cd's have been gathering dust for the best of 3 of them. I was deeply disappointed by Ghost Reveries, which was probably the last nail in the coffin for me. Hopefully one day I'll get back into them.

weird that you mention it, i too pretty much stopped listening to opeth (oftenly) after ghost reveries. really disapointing album imo.

Opeth were my favourite band at one point and now they are not. I play them a lot less, but I don't really enjoy them any less than I ever did, so I wouldn't call it a phase.

until 2004 or so, I was really fanatic...but now I rarely listen to Opeth actually. I don't know. GR was lacking something which is hard to describe. and to all the other albums I have listened to so often that I'm a bit tired of them now...
BWP still stands as one my favourite albums though.