Mikeal on Full Metal Racket

highlights:

- mike says his voice has gotten better with age
- touring has become a routine
- he forgets most shows but remembers the best ones and worst ones
- the only thing that he enjoyable is the gigs, not the touring (obviously)

1st song - hope leaves

- opeth's routine: get up, smoke, coffee, interviews (everyone in the band does interviews) photo sessions, signings, cant find the vinyls hes looking for, eat once a day, but slice of pizza after show, soundcheck, sleep, show, beers after show and back to sleep!
- mike's thoughts on GR: only good memories, as opposed to deliv/damn, but deliv/damn made the band more professional, completed songs at home, more prepared going into studio, rehearsed, hadnt done since morningrise
- the grand conjuration was completely different when it began, more technical thrash
- GR more of a band effort

2nd song - the funeral portrait

- mikael only regrets by the pain i see in others, says it should have been left off deliv
- last few albums have been more stressful than others, except GR was quite painless
-mike enjoys writing songs much more than recording them
-mike was writing songs the morning of melinda's birth!
-heavy metal is inside mikael " a natural part of my life"
- on being an aggressive person: "i dont go out beating people. i may play video games and shoot a few people in the head, but thats about it"

3rd song - demon!!!

-tour dates
-mikael almost becoming a resident, "3 times is not bad, we love it there"
-last words for fans: hope as many ppl as possible come, going to be a good show, "really good setlist set up, stop eating that fucking vegemite thankyou!"
-axenrot has been doing well, "his dream as much as ours...part of the crew now"
-dont know whats happening with lopez but axenrot is "fantastic replacement"

4th song - ghost of perdition

END - great interview, glad i listened

Hehe, beat me to it dude. Hope Leaves just about finnished now.

Edit again:
Well holy fuck, that was one cool interview! Mike is one cool son of a bitch.

"Stop eating that fucking vegemite!" haha.

I'll leave the rest to you Pethical.

Pethical said:
-dont know whats happening with lopez but axenrot is "fantastic replacement"

I don't know. If Lopez can't tour, let him just be Opeth's session drummer playing on the albums. They can have a tour drummer when they are on the road. I'm not too optimistic about ANYONE replacing Lopez. I'm probably wrong. We'll wait and see.

KFK

thanks for the transcription... and such an efficient one at that...

did mike mention why he felt BTPISIO should not have been on deliverance? Its my fav. track from the album.

That was a good interview. I love what he said about the signing thing, that they would gladly do it, because they would get five records each, when they were done, haha!

By The Pain I See In Others should have been left off :mad:

Say it ain't so Mike !!!

I guess my hopes of seeing that song live are over :cry:

Pethical said:
eat once a day, but slice of pizza after show
lmao yea right 1 slice?, at all the opeth shows ive been to, after the show there are like 20 pizza boxes, no way there are that many people in the crew lol, he definatly downs atleast 3

oh yea, heres the proof: we were sitting on the pizza boxes cuz the floor was dirty lol
pizzaboxes.jpg