Aussies - Opeth on Full Metal Racket next week!

Leper_Affinity

++Blackened++
Jun 15, 2005
Hobart, TAS
www.torrentspy.com
Please tune in to Andrew Haugh's Full Metal Racket on Triple J next Tuesday, because there are some Opeth interviews being done.

Show is 11pm-1am Tuesday's AEDST

Everybody loves Opeth who listens to this program, and Haughsy is a big fan too. Let's just hope he pops the question "so Mikael, when next year are you going to tour Australia??"
:D

Haha, sorry man (or lady perhaps). 8th, 9th, same deal. Well not really at all, completely different actually. But I wasn't TOO far off.
Hobart eh? So you're not headed to see Arch Enemy next week? (or this weekend).

Sup Leper I'm from Hobart also. Will be tuning in for this for sure, can't wait till Opeth does an Aussie tour!! :D

So it looks like Opeth has been scheduled to play in Australia in April, and will be doing all the cities they usually do. Apparently nothing is confirmed, but they will definetely be coming.

Source - Full Metal Racket interview with Peter Lindgren

I'm excited!!!

"After Christmas, we’ll have a couple of weeks off, and then go out once again. I have seen a proposed schedule for next year, and I think Australia is scheduled for around April or May, followed by our first Japanese and New Zealand tours. I don’t know if there’s a big scene in New Zealand, because there’s not a lot of bands that manage to go over there. I’m more than happy to get over there as a tourist. I want to see some of the beautiful scenery and have a couple of days off to see some things. We always have a busy schedule, so we’ll see if that happens. Most bands tour Japan, and then use the money they’ve made to tour Australia. We have a great following in Australia, so we’re going to do things the opposite way around. If Australia was a little closer to Europe where all our family is, I would like to move there. We love Australia. Yes, it’s cheesy to say that, but every time we go there, we always want to stay there forever.”

Peter

Fark, they really love Australia for some odd reason. I definitely would not complain would the band as a whole decide to move here :shock:

The New Zealanders must've blown a load upon hearing Opeth are heading over there finally :).

Leper_Affinity said:
So it looks like Opeth has been scheduled to play in Australia in April, and will be doing all the cities they usually do. Apparently nothing is confirmed, but they will definetely be coming.

I can confim this. Someone very close to Michael has told me the same. The will be back here soon. Luckily I just saw them in Stockholm so I've had my fix for now the wait won't be so bad. :)

Ill see you guys in Melbourne, holiday and an Opeth show.

Its nice they are gonna come here, not that Ill go (Auckland only I presume), but Im sure they will like the scenery (they could play in Queesntown haha)

Nitronium Blood said:
I just know they won't come to Perth again.

Fucking shoe throwing bastards!

that is so gay
for people like me who cant afford to fly to melbourne to see them that means im not gonna be able to see them. i swear if i find the guys that threw that shiz ill force them through a fine mesh!!!

king_chicken said:
that is so gay
for people like me who cant afford to fly to melbourne to see them that means im not gonna be able to see them. i swear if i find the guys that threw that shiz ill force them through a fine mesh!!!

Whats the story with that? I missed this one.