mikeals side projects

if you search the back archives of this forum, a link to an FTP with MP3's of the Sorskogen track "Mordet i Grottan" as well as the Akerfeldt/Lindgren/Swano traditional metal project "Steel" can be found. The thread name should have included "Sorskogen" in it's title... (I don't know if the links it provides will still work or not, but...)

Mordet i Grottan gets a LOT of play on my mp3 list. I'd pay a lot to get that whole cd... grr...

I love singing the swedish lyrics ;)

'cept Mikael says something like "skrayl" when the lyrics say "sjal".. is that pronounciation right?

Originally posted by splump
what is it with foreigners trying to pronounce swedish words? :)
ive never heard someone foreign pronounce my friend Johan's name right.. ;)

and you can't see it's your fault?

I mean how many different ways can you pronounce Johan?:lol:

I know how to pronounce "Johan" correctly in Swedish. I'd just rather exchange that important piece of mysterious knowledge for the simplest bit of trivial information - how to cope with women?

-Villain (educated, yet uneducated)

I have heard of Bloodbath with Dan Swano and Anders Nystrom of Katatonia (or was it Jonas Renske?), but I heard it was just basic death metal, which to me seems like a waste of these three incredible talents. That would be like getting David Lynch, Martin Scorcese, and Tim Burton to work on a cheap horror movie together.

As mainly a progressive rock fan (with some death/black metal friends) I quite like Opeth, but I'd enjoy them even more if it was less metal and more swan song :) Now, don't kill me :)

And as such, you can probably guess I like this song, Mordet i Grottan. I only have a Real Audio snippet, so I'd appreciate direct links to legitimate MP3s, if there are any.

And any word on this being released in proper form with more stuff?

Originally posted by Protocol
Actually, swedish is supposedly a very hard language to learn and pronounce unelss you're native.

Hmmmm....... in my opinion,learning swedish is not that difficult (at least easier than learning languages like german hehe-what a traumatic experience )... the grammar is quite simple......pronunciation is easy,too...what's quite hard is this melody thing... hehe swedes sing,don't speak ;)

Originally posted by splump
ive never heard someone foreign pronounce my friend Johan's name right.. ;)

I've never heard a non-Finn pronounce my name (Juuso) correctly either, not even by a Swede or a Norwegian, even though we have somewhat similar pronounciation. People usually also write it incorrectly (Jusso).. funny stuff, though I don't mind.. what's in a name anyway? :)

Originally posted by rogue27
Yeah, I just got bloodbath, and it wasn't what I expected... just generic death metal.

It was actually done as a tribute to old-school Swedish Death Metal (y'know with the buzzsaw guitars and such). It's very well done....And it RULES!!!!!! :heh: