the best side projects ever thread

arg

Jun 4, 2008
Ok so sometimes there are these HUGELY famous bands from which one or more of its members form a side project that is just as great, or even better than the main band. For example:

hugely famous band: Testament
side project: Eric Peterson does vocals and guitar for Dragonlord.
- much as i love Testament, Dragonlord sounds PRETTY DAMN BADASS

hugely famous band: Opeth
side project: Mikael Akerfeldt does vocals for Bloodbath.
- Bloodbath KICKS SO MUCH MORE ASS than Blowpeth.

What other good side projects do you know of?

Vesania - the project of Orion (Behemoth)
Agents Of Oblivion; Deadboy and The Elephantmen (both aren't metal) - the project of Dax Riggs (Acid Bath)

Zyklon was still an Emperor side-project when they released World Ov Worms, their best album by far.

Troll, side project of Covenant/The Kovenant.

Lurker of Fucking Chalice - Leviathan side-project.

N.I.L. - Krieg side-project

Against Nature is kind of a side project, and they're amazing.

Alioth is cool.

Arpyian Horde
Bedemon
Bloodbath
Comecon
Crux (Cze)
Destiny's End
Drowned
etc.

Note the the meaning of a 'side project' can be pretty ambiguous.

yeah i was gonna say bedemon and i'm not sure that was really a side project

i can think of loads of good tenuous 'side projects' but i cba to make a list unless you make it more specific

Some brilliant bands! :kickass::kickass:

Will check out the ones I dont know. Nothing specific, list whatever you like. Like even Jason Newsted's side project whose name escapes me. :lol:

Hate Forest/drudkh/Blood of Kingu/Dark Ages. Roman Saenko bands.

I'm not sure which ones are officially side projects. I would call Blood of Kingu and Dark Ages side projects of Drudkh i guess.

Demonoid.

Side project of Kristian Niemann, guitarist for Therion.

Really one of the only side project bands I listen to. I guess bands like Moonsorrow and Wintersun could be considered side projects as well, though.

nattefrost is pretty cool (carpathian forest). i'm not sure i like the tracks when he is pissing for 5 minutes, though

SS

hugely famous band: Opeth
side project: Mikael Akerfeldt does vocals for Bloodbath.
- Bloodbath KICKS SO MUCH MORE ASS than Blowpeth.
Don't forget that there are a couple of Katatonia members in Bloodbath. Even though Katatonia are no longer a metal band, it still counts. I like Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day, but I hate their newer stuff. Bloodbath is better than Opeth and post-BMD Katatonia put together.

Demons and Wizards (side project between Iced Earths Jon Schaeffer and Blind Guardians Hansi Kurshch)