the best side projects ever thread

yeah.
And I'm disturbed no one else has mentioned Avantasia. Is it simply because they aren't familiar with them? I don't have the Scarecrow, but the first 2 albums are awesome. Check out The Metal Opera pt 1 for some brilliant classically influenced power metal with vocal contributions from over a dozen vocalists.

I think it's because Avantasia is limp wristed faggot metal from Europeans who forgot why Power Metal is called POWER Metal and not dick sucking queer metal.

The first two albums are awesome, but Scarecrow is abysmal. Therefore, that knocks it down in my opinion. I don't know what Tobias Sammet was thinking, other than "I want to make a Bon Jovi pop record that sounds like cock-sucking shit."

But I totally disagree with Nec. The first two albums are ballls-to-the-wall awesome.

The first two albums are awesome, but Scarecrow is abysmal. Therefore, that knocks it down in my opinion. I don't know what Tobias Sammet was thinking, other than "I want to make a Bon Jovi pop record that sounds like cock-sucking shit."

But I totally disagree with Nec. The first two albums are ballls-to-the-wall awesome.

See, I just took a look at the cover and said to myself "do I feel the need to rub avantasia's name in the dirt?" and then I said "no" and so I just pretend the album doesn't exist.

Btw, Nec, listen to The Final Sacrifice and tell me that's limp wristed faggot metal.

King's Evil - Japanese thrash side project of Ritual Carnage
Dekapitator - Thrash side project of the guys from Exhumed
MD45 - Side project of Ving Lee and Dave Mustaine
Terror 2000 - Death thrash side project from the guys from Darkane and Soilwork and Construcdead

Bloodbath's the best I can think of :kickass:

Don't know if it counts as a side project, but I'm really enjoying Infestdead's 1999 "Jesusatan" cd. The band features Dan Swäno.

I'll probably try to get their other albums.