Mike's chicken pox

ahh thats awful...both that he has it and the timing of it all. well dont worry about the fucking gigs man, just concentrate on getting yaself better. best wishes

Guys, you keep saying you're immune forever, but it's very possible for someone to get the Pox twice. It's all the more dangerous to get it the second time. God forbid that happens to any of these fellows. :)

Guys, you keep saying you're immune forever, but it's very possible for someone to get the Pox twice. It's all the more dangerous to get it the second time. God forbid that happens to any of these fellows. :)

From Wikipedia:
Following primary infection there is usually lifelong protective immunity from further episodes of chickenpox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonS View Post
Guys, you keep saying you're immune forever, but it's very possible for someone to get the Pox twice. It's all the more dangerous to get it the second time. God forbid that happens to any of these fellows.
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Following primary infection there is usually lifelong protective immunity from further episodes of chickenpox.

Notice the "usual" part in that sentence. There is a small percentile chance of someone getting it twice in their life. My sister was in that percentile.

Please, behave. Of course I am very disappointed as well. I am going to Graspop tomorrow, and I was going just to see Opeth. But the band has a VERY valid reason to cancel the gig and I couldn't possibly be angry. I will get to see some awesome other bands as well! Whatever it takes to get you back on your feet, Mikael!

...I thought I was the last person on civilized earth to get the pox. The vaccine came out the day after I got it. 14 years ago. I was incapacitated, couldn't sit down or lay down, just walked around like a zombie for a week.

It isn't chicken pox, it's the ammount of Marabou chocolate he's eaten to console himself after reading the HATE-thread... not really, but I don't understand how someone can actually HATE a song.

Having tons of Marabou is one of my best memories of visiting Swden. *drool*

Pox Omega
LOL

I didn't read through all the posts in this thread, but anyway...You guys should take this a little more seriously. Chicken Pox can be very dangerous when grown adults get it. It can even kill some people. The younger you are the safer it is. Babies and children have no serious dangers when they get it but the older someone is, the worst it is.

Once you get Chicken Pox you never will again. Many people try to infect their children with it when they are very little so that they won't ever have to worry about it again, plus it's the perfect age because of the lack of danger. Parents litteraly have "Chicken Pox parties" when their children get infected. They invite all other parents over to have their children play together for the purpose of getting them infected with it. You can get a shot, but it doesn't last forever, leaving you suseptable to catching it in adulthood.

Anyway, get well soon Mike, and take care!