Mike's chicken pox

Sunday, June 29, 2008
I emailed a list of songs that I want us to go through for the upcoming headlining tours to the other guys. Let me say it's a pretty massive list, maybe 30-40 songs, and very exciting ones too! We'll see which ones sound the best at rehearsals. Can't wait!

Fuck yes!!:headbang:

There could be threads for different nationalities where people could talk shit behind each others backs without the others knowing a thing...
... if Google wasn't invented.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ruisrock and Metalcamp are ON!!!

Just to avoid any confusion, I want to confirm that I'm feeling much better and Opeth will be performing the remaining Summer festivals that we've committed to, starting with Ruisrock this Saturday.

See you there!
Mike

Link to source: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=73885097&blogID=410877998

Great news for the Euro guys. :headbang:

I will wait for Opeth's Autumnal
UK tour. :kickass: :worship:

:D

Pheww... I missed them last year, second time would have been too much for me.

It was a quite surreal experience - for most of the audience and probably for the band as well. Opeth played on a stage situated on a beach :lol: (they'll play on the same stage this year, too).

Opeth obviously played tight, but the contrast between the music and the gig setting was huge. On the stage, Opeth did did their thing and, on the beach, there were people frolicking in the water, and in the middle of the gig, a Silja Line cruise liner glided along the shoreline just a few hundred meter away! Fortunately, the band was comfortable playing for a mostly "mainstream" audience and Mikael's dry humour kind of set the tone of the gig right, so that the band didn't seem that out-of-place.

I was so fucking gutted to find out on the morning of Metal Town in Gothenburg that Opeth had been replaced by Satyricon. Nothing against Satyricon they were good when they played black metal but they were not even close to being a worthy replacement to Opeth.

To get chicken pox at whatever age Mike is at though must have been helluva rough, I had it when I was 14 and I had such a fever, I was watching Titanic and thought at one point I was on an iceberg...it was good chickenpox what can I say.

Good to hear Mike's getting better!

aestusmaris: It seems Opeth will be back in Gothenburg in december.

I missed them last time at Sticky Fingers to, so I was quite dissapointed when Metul Town was canceled. But, third time's a charm. =)

Speaking of unusual places for Opeth to play:
The Paramount in Oakland? Not a place I considered quite "right" for them. Especially considering there was an advertisement for Cats the following weekend, and I saw the Nutcracker there once. It was a bit strange.

It was a quite surreal experience - for most of the audience and probably for the band as well. Opeth played on a stage situated on a beach :lol: (they'll play on the same stage this year, too).

Opeth obviously played tight, but the contrast between the music and the gig setting was huge. On the stage, Opeth did did their thing and, on the beach, there were people frolicking in the water, and in the middle of the gig, a Silja Line cruise liner glided along the shoreline just a few hundred meter away! Fortunately, the band was comfortable playing for a mostly "mainstream" audience and Mikael's dry humour kind of set the tone of the gig right, so that the band didn't seem that out-of-place.

Yeah, I was at the 2006 Ruisrock gig but I meant Ilosaarirock 2007. (Miksihän puhun englantia suomalaiselle?)

Didn't know a forum could talk..?

Will you marry me?

Or, more like, vil du gifte deg med meg?

Look at this: Æ Ø Å Æ Ø Å confused now right? Du kajnn ikkje skriv me æ ø eller å :rofl:

sorry, just havin' a childish moment. Nothing serious or any hard feelings.

Anyway, looking forward to see them on Lillehammer. Glad Mr.Åkerfeldt is healing. :headbang: