Mike's latest blog..

Serhan_pnr

Dec 26, 2006
Turkey
OPETH = LOSERS!

Haha, no I'm not THAT bitter!

We didn't win the Grammy award this year either and I admit I got a little dissapointed although it doesn't really mean anything. Since I'm there at the show I wanna fucking win! But In flames got it. They're mates of ours so I'm happy for them.

I wanna thank all of you who voted for us. Cheers people!

The show was boring as usual, all the same people, same winners, same "surprise" band constellations. Some artists there really have high thoughts of themselves. It's quite embarrassing to see how stuck up some of them are. I mean they don't even have a international career most of them and still they act they're the fucking "deal".

I got completely obliterated on wine and champagne...and beer. My wife too, she got all fucked up. But we had a pretty good time during dinner, chatting and drinking away. The afterparty was at a classic place called Berns and it was packed. We didn't stay for long though.

OK, just letting you know we fucking LOST!

Take care
Mike

I saw the grammy awards on TV, it sucked. Ok, i admit that i think it's cool that metal bands can get nominated, though it's still based around sales. But, other than that, the grammy awards is pure utter BS, just a taste of the products of the music business.

And of course In Flames won, it was no surprise, since they are so popular and have turned huge into mainstream. Opeth and Meshuggah were the only 2 good bands on that bill, and i don't care that they didn't win, as the outcome doesn't affect them in any way. They are still to be making awesome tunes, and being good bands in general.

I will always support Opeth and Meshuggah for their cool music, and seriously will never watch another grammy award boradcast, as the whole thing repulses me. Screw the music business, and every one if it's aspects.

While I think the grammy awards are utter bullshit, I still think it's kind of hilarious that fucking In Flames won over Opeth. It's almost like comparing Hell and Heaven. :lol:

Some artists there really have high thoughts of themselves. It's quite embarrassing to see how stuck up some of them are. I mean they don't even have a international career most of them and still they act they're the fucking "deal".

Who is he talking about? Shouldn't be In Flames since they are friends and he said he is happy for them and stuff.. So that makes me wonder who these pompous guys are.

I see the shit throwing contest here displayed towards In Flames, I do not like their new work too but well if you have watched their show, it was pretty amazing and considering metal bands lack image and they suck on such things I appreciate their job.

I don't get why people are surprised, i mean for example look at the "song of the year" nominees. You really think a jury who would nominate shit like this as song of the year could hear a difference between Opeth and In Flames?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne3_wjHIOo4&feature=channel[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is he talking about? Shouldn't be In Flames since they are friends and he said he is happy for them and stuff.. So that makes me wonder who these pompous guys are.

Just any average Pop Idol-winner/Swedish artist who ís big in Sweden (flavour of the month...) and who really don't deserve the attention they get from the press/public.

Definitely not aimed at your hard working Swedish metal musicians!

IMHO The Jester Race, Whoracle, Colony and Clayman were awesome.
And yes, I don't think Mike really cares about the Grammy.

Some artists there really have high thoughts of themselves. It's quite embarrassing to see how stuck up some of them are. I mean they don't even have a international career most of them and still they act they're the fucking "deal".

I would love to know who he might be referring to. People are pricks.

Artists of whom you've never heard of since they, as stated by Mikael, don't have an international career? :)

What ufomagnet say is true; the bands he mentioned have no international career

It might be hard for you to relate to, but imagine any average, regular pop band/artist that sings in his/her/theirs own language, how would they make a career if it wasnt english? there are so many horribly bad mainstream musicians to feed the whole planet several times over. A petty swedish singing musician wouldnt have a chance.

My bet would be that mikael learned to know in flames quite long ago, if I'm not mistaken, in flames are mentioned in the "thank you"s in one of opeth's older records

Anders Fridén used to work in Studio Fredman back in the days. And basically all Swedish metal musicians of that generation know each other.

I'm pretty sure that either Opeth or Burst will win the metal category at the Swedish radio awards, P3 Guld, on january 17th. No public votes, just a jury that actually knows music. In Flames are nominated but I still think our lads will bring it home. A bit more fair since it shouldn't be a popularity contest.

hahaha mikes the best and a good sport at that to. i find it kind of funny that he never actually speaks highly of in flames music he only mentions how they are friends

Anders Friden is involved in production of My Arms Your Hearse, if I am not mistaken. Also he was the first to point out the DAT error in the Moor, so he may be involved in Still Life somehow too. Not sure though.