Mike's Latest BLog : Peter and songwriting...

its not that rare btw

applause8in.gif

Whether it is under the name Opeth or not, I greatly anticipate anything you're involved with Mike. As long as you continute making music, I'll continue to listen. Sorry about Peter!

Wow, thanks a lot for this blog Mike. It kinda cleared things up a bit and it is good to know that you are still happy with Opeth.

I really can't wait for the album!!! I now think it will be one of the best (statement subject to change 05/29/07) because I think everyone will try to put the most effort and talent into this one with such big changes. Can't wait!

Good luck Peter, again! You too Åkesson!

We all know Mr. Akerfeldt is a superb musician. Now, we know what a humble and decent human he is. Through difficult change, new roads will open. I see Opeth(Mikael Akerfeldt) being a major force in music for years to come. Peace.

3 words

KICK FUCKING ASS! Cant believe bands like this are so fucking amazing and shove through turmoil instead of break down in tragedies. Thanks for being so great, and holy balls this new record is going to kick ass.

Im sooo glad Mike is professional and genuine enough to admit that Peter was, and will be an important part of what Opeth has become. Alot of musicians now adays are so full of themselves they act indifferent or discredit their fellow bandmates as not being important to the band and no big loss. Jon discrediting Matt Barlow for instance when he left Iced Earth turning his back on him and not showing any regret. This blog just shows that no matter how big Opeth gets, Mike still cares about the people, not just the business.

I'm very concerned about the bandmates leaving...and while I like the direction Opeth's taken on the last several albums, I think this will put all the pressure squarely on Mike's shoulders to compensate for the loses to his band...and regroup with the new members to gel into something awesome we will all really like...he does have a knack for coming up with awesome riffs on the spot so I'm not too worried...

I'm very concerned about the bandmates leaving...and while I like the direction Opeth's taken on the last several albums, I think this will put all the pressure squarely on Mike's shoulders to compensate for the loses to his band...and regroup with the new members to gel into something awesome we will all really like...he does have a knack for coming up with awesome riffs on the spot so I'm not too worried...

Mikes someone who can take the music he has in his head and convey it to others in order to get the sound hes looking for. Thats what hes done with Steven Wilson producing the deliverance and damnation album, hes done that with the new keyboard parts on Ghost Reveries, and hes done that with the rest of the guys for almost two decades. If anyone can handle the challenge its Mike, I think the real toll will be caused by losing two of his best friends, not because of a lack of creative ability.

"Jon discrediting Matt Barlow for instance when he left Iced Earth turning his back on him and not showing any regret."

I thought he said he was sorry that Matt left, and that they were still friends.