Mike's latest blog..

OPETH = LOSERS!

Haha, no I'm not THAT bitter!

We didn't win the Grammy award this year either and I admit I got a little dissapointed although it doesn't really mean anything. Since I'm there at the show I wanna fucking win! But In flames got it. They're mates of ours so I'm happy for them.

I wanna thank all of you who voted for us. Cheers people!

The show was boring as usual, all the same people, same winners, same "surprise" band constellations. Some artists there really have high thoughts of themselves. It's quite embarrassing to see how stuck up some of them are. I mean they don't even have a international career most of them and still they act they're the fucking "deal".

I got completely obliterated on wine and champagne...and beer. My wife too, she got all fucked up. But we had a pretty good time during dinner, chatting and drinking away. The afterparty was at a classic place called Berns and it was packed. We didn't stay for long though.

OK, just letting you know we fucking LOST!

Take care
Mike

But mike, you don't like anna ternheim? i think she is a brilliant musician,i
even thought that the symphonic strings part in Hessian Peel was inspired by
Anna Ternheim, since it's so...Anna Ternheimish hehe.

Opeth is a band that is constantly growing, unlike most artists...
i think you guys will get a few grammys before you quit :)
The only metal band from sweden bigger than you guys are In Flames,
"bigger" in terms of record sales...
I'm curious mike, since i know that Fear Of A Blank Planet sold a few hundred thousand copies more than Deadwing, how much do you guys sell nowadays, it's surely more than Porcupine Tree?

From FAQ:

[The Moor tracking/channel cut outs]

[Mikael] Yes, it's an DAT error...something happened with the DAT while we were mixing the album. Nobody noticed at first, then Anders from In flames heard these "drop outs"...they we're all over the place at first, but we managed to cut some of it out in the mastering...still that part couldn't be helped and I HATE listening to it!

I have not idea what a "DAT" is, but from what I found it could be

"Digital Audio Tape"
or a record company named DAT, but I don't think so.

I know I'm passing for a noob, but can anyone tell us what it really means and how they noticed about it on The Moor, because I don't see any problem with it right now.

Searching furthermore about the dropouts (at least I used the fucking search function)...

they're very prominent around 5:06 - 5:13 in The moor.
11:00 in the moor is pretty easy to notice.

Seems like it's something about the volume that is fucking and it is noticeable mostly when using headphones.

EDIT : I gave it a try and listened at the 11:00 of the Moor, and in fact, if you pay attention, there's something wrong about it. Never noticed before, but it's not disturbing me this much. I don't really care for now.

But mike, you don't like anna ternheim? i think she is a brilliant musician,i
even thought that the symphonic strings part in Hessian Peel was inspired by
Anna Ternheim, since it's so...Anna Ternheimish hehe.

There are other Swedish artists with no international careers than Anna.
I like some of her stuff. I hope she wasn't being a bitch to Mikael.

dat.wherethe.uk.pro.la.jpg

DAT recorders an tapes were the format that a final mix of a song/album used to be mixed onto before going off to be mastered. These days most things are kept in digital files.

I don't get why people are surprised, i mean for example look at the "song of the year" nominees. You really think a jury who would nominate shit like this as song of the year could hear a difference between Opeth and In Flames?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne3_wjHIOo4&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPV4YPyDf7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-MapuCg0FM

i laughed out loud when EMD won the grammy, but the category was simply the most played song in radio i think, so it really means nothing.

but i really think those other two songs with kleerup(tityo) and amanda jensen are pretty good.