Milano DVD

Dunno if this has already been posted, but anyhow:

#1 on the Swedish DVD chart
6 NOVEMBER 2009 NO COMMENT
Pretty cool – our “Where death is most alive” DVD just entered the first spot of the official Swedish DVD charts, beating luminaries such as ABBA, Michael Jackson and Madonna.

http://www.niklassundin.com/2009/11/06/1-on-the-swedish-dvd-chart/

The chart has changed since Niklas wrote the info, but there's a link to the image in this link.

Pretty amazing IMO, especially since they beat ABBA. Nooooo ABBAAAAA! :(

;) congratulations Dark Tranquillity.

Had some live recording from Anders era yep! Maybe not all as i havent see it all but i've been lucky enough to put my hand on some rare video!:headbang:

I'm pretty sure that most of the old live material is stuff that we never circulated back in the day. The Valvet shows and the Holland gig were spread through tapetrading, but at least I think that the rest is exclusive.

Either way, much cooler to have that stuff on an official DT release than on some xth dubbed tapetraded copy.
I still have the World Domination VHS videotape somewhere, found it on the web a while ago. Good memories of the HELLversum gig on Dec 21, 1997! I turned 21 during the DT gig so a special birthday it was! :D

Off topic: cool to see you guys are going to play Örebro. I was there in 2007 for the then new album release party of TPH. It's a small club but should be lotsa fun for all who'll go.

I'm pretty sure that most of the old live material is stuff that we never circulated back in the day. The Valvet shows and the Holland gig were spread through tapetrading, but at least I think that the rest is exclusive.

I absolutely agree! When i first check the live archive i notice that i had most of the same song on old video! I check Nightfall by the shore of time first and tought it was the same version i have from what i remember! I just double check and have to admit that i am wrong but i have to say it is really similar. What i wanted to say in my previous post about the Live archive is that i wasn't surprise and happy like when i receive the old video i have, maybe i've been a bit to quick with this statement i just read it again and i'm not this much disapointed! I download it and watch it quickly because i am not patient when we talk about D.T. release, btw don't worry people i have each D.T. original cd and even more. I will give an entire night to watch it as soon i receive my box set.I still think the stuff i have is rare and really great! 7 old show if i remember correctly. I'm not looking at it this much the thing is that i am in canada and receive the tapes in pal so when i get it convert the final result is in black and white! I send those tape back to europe to somebody asking him trying to put it on a dvd so i would now have it in color hehe! unfortunately this person try and try but it doesn't seems to work!

Sorry for my really bad english !:headbang:

I received the limited edition today and have seen disc 1 and most of disc 2.

It was above and beyond my expectations :). Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

I haven't even watched the DVD yet -- I just got it today and haven't had time yet -- but I am listening to the CD and it is absolutely amazing. I wish I had been there.

It's phenomenal.

I own around 50 live music DVDs (better ones, carefully picked out over the years, not just anything being put out (although I have both Arch Enemy's)), and this one is going to the top 3.

Actually I've got 4 copies (2 double DVD and 2 double DVD/CD ones, which are going to family, friends and loved ones), so it should be top 4 for now :heh:

I watched the documentary and the concert in "one take" last night, which doesn't happen at all (I rarely have that much time on my hands at any given... time =). What really stood out for me was Edenspring :D "This is the song about drinking" :D

Drenching logic this spring ;)

It's phenomenal.

I own around 50 live music DVDs (better ones, carefully picked out over the years, not just anything being put out (although I have both Arch Enemy's)), and this one is going to the top 3.

Actually I've got 4 copies (2 double DVD and 2 double DVD/CD ones, which are going to family, friends and loved ones), so it should be top 4 for now :heh:

I watched the documentary and the concert in "one take" last night, which doesn't happen at all (I rarely have that much time on my hands at any given... time =). What really stood out for me was Edenspring :D "This is the song about drinking" :D

Haha yeah, it's really good.

I noticed a weird sound in The Mundane and the Magic, kind of like a screech. It sounds at 1:55 of the song, it's really strange. It sounds like a guitar, but too human at the same time. I wonder if it's a girl that got perhaps too excited, or a guitar or a production-related mistake?

Out of curiosity, which ones are the other two? Used and abused, by any chance?

Top 3 (no order):

Live in Milan
Iron Maiden's Rock in Rio
Blind Guardian's Imaginations since the day I've got it.

Used and Abused is definitely in Top 10, along with green Kreator, H.I.M. from Orpheum Theatre, MUSE (and My Chemical Romance :D)

Most recent DVDs are crap, and if I had to pick up the worst one I've seen, I'd probably go for the most recent Dimmu Borgir.

It's phenomenal.

So this mean you already receive your boxset! You order it right after me i think! You lucky U.S resident!

On my cm distro account all it said is Invoiced! Hope i will see shipped soon!

I wait to receive it to watch the concert even if i found it on the net!

And you're right about Bling Guardian Dvd thats a really good one! Did you see them live?

So this mean you already receive your boxset! You order it right after me i think! You lucky U.S resident!

I pre-ordered 2DVD/2CD on CMDistro on Nov. 11th, but my account was charged only on Tuesday (Nov. 17th), and I've got e-mail confirmation of DVDs being shiiped 24 hours ago, so I don't have them yet.

I just waltzed into a local FYE and got all DVDs they had there (which were 2). I also bought out all re-issues it seems :D

And you're right about Bling Guardian Dvd thats a really good one! Did you see them live?

Yes, I think it was end of 2006, it was a busy December (fucking lifetime ago - I remember Children of Boredom starting their US tour early that month). Blind Guardian played Trocadero in Philly, it was a good show, packed enough for me to crowdsurf :heh: I was the only one to do that, actually, but it was pretty fucking awesome.

Aaaand back on the topic.

Top 3 (no order):

Live in Milan
Iron Maiden's Rock in Rio
Blind Guardian's Imaginations since the day I've got it.

Used and Abused is definitely in Top 10, along with green Kreator, H.I.M. from Orpheum Theatre, MUSE (and My Chemical Romance :D)

Most recent DVDs are crap, and if I had to pick up the worst one I've seen, I'd probably go for the most recent Dimmu Borgir.

Have you seen Kamelot's DVD? It's pretty good. I believe that the packaging of In Flames' U&A is a lot better than DT's, IF's has a huge booklet in a digi-book, DT's booklet is not that big and is digi-pack :( . I wonder why the German version wasn't made digi-book, probably trying to reduce costs.

Anyhow, DT's DVD is better, I was listening to IF's DVD the other day and I find DT's superior.

I gotta check out that Blind Guardian - Imaginations....is that older than 'Nightfall in Middle Earth?' as far as footage anyway. love old Blind Guardian.

Got the WDIMA DVD yesterday...I have not watched the live portion yet but I did watch the documentary and the old vids. archive and I gotta say I love it! The only DVD I was looking forward to this year and it jams.

Have you seen Kamelot's DVD? It's pretty good. I believe that the packaging of In Flames' U&A is a lot better than DT's, IF's has a huge booklet in a digi-book...

That edition was totally limited, I saw only 2 copies in stores and only around official release date. Too lazy to lift my ass off to go check what was the difference (and I just farted, and it came out pretty pleasant, so I'm not moving), but it was mainly lyrics and Niklas' touches all over it.

Milan's booklet is OK, I still need to see the digipack's one if it's any different.

Next DVD I care about is Amorphis' (they are shooting it this Friday). I wonder if it's going to be the same guys who shot WDIMA.

That edition was totally limited, I saw only 2 copies in stores and only around official release date. Too lazy to lift my ass off to go check what was the difference (and I just farted, and it came out pretty pleasant, so I'm not moving), but it was mainly lyrics and Niklas' touches all over it.

Milan's booklet is OK, I still need to see the digipack's one if it's any different.

Next DVD I care about is Amorphis' (they are shooting it this Friday). I wonder if it's going to be the same guys who shot WDIMA.

:lol: OK. It's very nice actually, I bought it as soon as I saw it here. Quite expensive on e-Bay nowadays, around $60.

Yeah the booklets just OK, though it should be great IMO, too bad :( . I haven't seen the one of the normal version, but the digi is just some pictures and the credits.

o_O Amorphis is recording one? Ohhhhhhh I want to see that. And new Agalloch DVD is out, haven't seen it.