Military metalheads

Air Force cadet, commissioning in May 09. Whoop!
What do you do there in New Mexico?
Genocide Roach is in the Air Force, but I don't think he posts in Chat.

Air Force cadet, commissioning in May 09. Whoop!
What do you do there in New Mexico?
Genocide Roach is in the Air Force, but I don't think he posts in Chat.

Aircraft maintenance, but I'm thinking about crosstraining into OSI when my crosstraining window comes up. That's not for another three years though. Are you in ROTC? I always wanted to do that stuff, never had the chance.

I got out of the AF after 9 years in 2005. I decided to stay in Italy where my last duty station was (Aviano). The AF got too stupid for me, and the focus went from doing the mission to queepy, superfluous, unimportant bullshit instead of getting the mission done. I couldn't stand it anymore so I got out. I miss it sometimes, my job that is. I was a Weapons Director in Aerospace Control and Warning, which is basically ground based AWACS...only we didn't suck at controlling like the GAYWACKERS, lol.

Aircraft maintenance, but I'm thinking about crosstraining into OSI when my crosstraining window comes up. That's not for another three years though. Are you in ROTC? I always wanted to do that stuff, never had the chance.
Yes, I'm in ROTC. Even though we do it a bit different at A&M (We have a Corps with all the service branches w/ our own uniforms, training, etc.) I really am enjoying it. After 21 years of working for it, I categorized pilot this spring. I'm really looking forward to that, assuming I can pass through Brookes in September! If I don't pass though, my first two choices are ATC and A/C Maintenance. My dad's a civlilan pilot so I just want a job w/ airplanes!

OSI sounds cool, we had a guy from my outfit go into that about 2 years ago and he's really enjoying it. What kind of aircraft do you work on over there in NM?

Yes, I'm in ROTC. Even though we do it a bit different at A&M (We have a Corps with all the service branches w/ our own uniforms, training, etc.) I really am enjoying it. After 21 years of working for it, I categorized pilot this spring. I'm really looking forward to that, assuming I can pass through Brookes in September! If I don't pass though, my first two choices are ATC and A/C Maintenance. My dad's a civlilan pilot so I just want a job w/ airplanes!

OSI sounds cool, we had a guy from my outfit go into that about 2 years ago and he's really enjoying it. What kind of aircraft do you work on over there in NM?

They're big on OPSEC here, but I the information is freely available on the Cannon website: http://www.cannon.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123099306

AFSOC is pretty crazy about keeping information secure.

You get to be a pilot, that's fucking awesome. :headbang:

I got out of the AF after 9 years in 2005. I decided to stay in Italy where my last duty station was (Aviano). The AF got too stupid for me, and the focus went from doing the mission to queepy, superfluous, unimportant bullshit instead of getting the mission done. I couldn't stand it anymore so I got out. I miss it sometimes, my job that is. I was a Weapons Director in Aerospace Control and Warning, which is basically ground based AWACS...only we didn't suck at controlling like the GAYWACKERS, lol.

I was supposed to go to RAF Lakenheath but my wife didn't get medical clearance. Kind of blows, I wanted to go to Bloodstock and Wacken and all kinds of shit. Oh well, I'll probably get another chance eventually if I want it. I'd fucking kill to get stationed in Germany, finish my enlistment there, and stay there. That'd be amazing.

They're big on OPSEC here, but I the information is freely available on the Cannon website: http://www.cannon.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123099306

AFSOC is pretty crazy about keeping information secure.

You get to be a pilot, that's fucking awesome. :headbang:

I hear ya about OPSEC. Thats awesome you're with AFSOC. One of our ROTC cadre just PCS'd to Hulburt Field to be a maitanence officer for one of those kind of C-130s AFSOC has. I don't remember if it was the MC-130 or the EC-130 or what but its still pretty awesome. One of the crop dusters that used to fly with my dad had his training at Cannon AFB. He loved getting to see all the military traffic that came in there. Now he's one of those guys that sprays the drugs in Colombia...talk about dangerous work!

Air Force here since 97, aircraft maintenance, just got stationed at Ramstein, Germany. Its a beautiful thing cruising at 100mph+ lstening to some good metal.

My work has gotten ridiculous as well but I am hanging in there and looking to retire at 40, if I study some this year I can be one of the idiots telling others to do stupid shit all day.

Danish Army since 1999. Started in the field artillery (155mm houwitzer), went on to an anti aircraft unit (stingers), then on to an artillery hunting radar (ARTHUR) unit, with which I did my first tour in Afghanistan. My second tour, from which I came home 3 weeks ago, was with an electronic warfare unit.

I'm starting to seriously consider going in for the paratroopers.

Well, I only have good things to say about the PARA. Spent a few weeks over there with a coy from 2 PARA...

RouteSword.jpg

Route Sword in Iraq...

I did 8 yrs in the Corps (0311), and now in the Army (11 Bravo) for over 10 yrs and counting, all active duty time in the infantry...and still in now...Mandatory Suicide!!!:kickass:

4 times in the middle east, 3 times far east, 1 time central america.

Infantry Leads the Way!!!

1st Marine Division
3rd Marine Division
25th Infantry Division
10th Mountain Division
1st Army

Anyone from 2 Para or Coldstream Guards?

Only had great experiences with you in Keenan and Gibraltar! I was with the the small danish electronic warfare unit there...