Fuck you, band!
Progwest:
Accomodations, food, etc paid by PW

Milwaukee:
More fuck you, band!
Progwest:
PW picking us up at airport

Milwaukee:
Still more fuck you, band! i.e. the stage manager treats the bands like they raped his mom or something equally heinous.
Progwest:
PW gets equipment we specifically need and has a guitar tech!

Milwaukee:
No parking anywhere, so we have to walk 2 miles with our gear from the hotel to the venue.
Progwest:
PW gets us a rehearsal space the day before the show so we can practice all day and play a good set.

Milwaukee:
Has stages set up in conference halls that have linoleum tiled floors and ceilings and smooth, flat plaster walls.
Progwest:
Held in an auditorium- a room specifically designed with acoustics in mind.

Milwaukee:
Even the bands can't leave and come back, unless you REALLY kiss the bouncers' asses.
Progwest:
4 complimentary passes for friends/fam

Milwaukee:
Shitty town.
Progwest:
Not in Milwaukee.

Progwest wins!

Post more if you can think of any!

well, for what i read, progwest is best, even knowing that they'll not pay you as milwaukee...

maudlin questions:

1) are you going to play new songs from the upcoming album?
2) why don't you record your show (some songs maybe) and put the live files at mp3.com?
3) who will perform the female vocals?

Ecto.

Toby you forgot a couple:

Milwaukee:
Mostly populated by bands like Corpse Vomit, Vomit Snack, Pain Mask, Anal Blast, and a plethora of others who despite having bad sound to begin with and vocals that you can't understand, stil probably have nothing meaningful to say in their music.

Progwest:
Opposite of above statement

Milwaukee:
Run by a weasly, greedy slimeball

Progwest:
Run by people who love music and actually care about the show.

surveysaysdumbass.jpg

Originally posted by Ectoplasma
well, for what i read, progwest is best, even knowing that they'll not pay you as milwaukee...

maudlin questions:

1) are you going to play new songs from the upcoming album?
2) why don't you record your show (some songs maybe) and put the live files at mp3.com?
3) who will perform the female vocals?

Ecto.

1) mayyyyyyyyyyyyyybe
2) why don't you come and engineer the live recording?
3) female vocals?

Milwaukee - takes up 100% of your setup time showing your guitars to Amon Amarth so that they can NOT USE THEM FOR THEIR SET...leaving you with an amp that has whacked-out settings and is cranked WAY too loud, so the first song (of TWO) sounds like shit.

Progwest - Lets you practice one the stage you will be playing on, with the equipment you will be using, the night before the show.

Milwaukee - Has bands that will "kick your ass."

Progwest - Has bands that will grab and keep your attention.

Milwaukee - Rife with nazi propaganda.

Progwest - Rife with nazi propaganda.

Originally posted by VangelicSurgeon
Milwaukee - takes up 100% of your setup time showing your guitars to Amon Amarth so that they can NOT USE THEM FOR THEIR SET...leaving you with an amp that has whacked-out settings and is cranked WAY too loud, so the first song (of TWO) sounds like shit.

OMG they asked you guys too? They ended up using our stuff since it was already tuned close to what they needed and they said they played explorers anyway. But they asked us AFTER our set- did they really take up your setup time for that crap?!? That's insane.

Progwest - Lets you practice one the stage you will be playing on, with the equipment you will be using, the night before the show.
That is so incredibly sweet. I really might think about going to this show. And then I'd engineer the recording! insert evil laugh here.

Milwaukee
Does not have Mike Thaxton as a co-organizer

Progwest
Clearly has Mike Thaxton as a co-organizer

Milwaukee
Thinks Radio Massacre International is a new metal show on the internet

Progwest:
Understands that Radio Massacre International is an electronic group for which audience inebriation is the only proper prelude.

Milwaukee
Thinks "progressive" means "That's what happened to Amorphis when they released <i>Elegy</i>] right?"

Progwest:
Understands that "progressive" doesn't necessarily mean "mellotrons, Jon Anderson and 9/8 time signatures."

Milwaukee:
Is not in California.

Progwest:
Is in California.

Milwaukee
Yes, this is the city responsible for Milwaukee's Best. If that's their best, I have some pee-pee I can sell you real cheap...

Progwest
It's not near any northern California microbreweries, but then again, it's not near Milwaukee either :)

mike