May 22 2008 The Bistro Hayward, California
May 24 2008 Welcome Cafe (Acoustic) Redondo Beach, California
May 25 2008 The Blue Cafe Long Beach, California
May 28 2008 Hollywood Alley Mesa, Arizona
May 30 2008 The Adobe Bar (Acoustic) Taos, New Mexico
Jun 5 2008 Burts Tiki Lounge Salt Lake City, Utah
Jun 7 2008 (TBC) - Corpus Christi, TX Corpus Christi, Texas
Jun 13 2008 High Note Lounge Birmingham, Alabama
Jun 14 2008 The Local Venue Marietta, Georgia (METAL FESTIVUS)
Jun 17 2008 (TBC) - Raleigh, NC Raleigh, North Carolina
Jun 18 2008 242 Main Burlington, Vermont
Jun 19 2008 Grog and Tankard Washington, Washington DC
Jun 20 2008 Lucky Dog Music Hall Worcester, Massachusetts
Jun 21 2008 Rusty Nail Tavern Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Jun 24 2008 The Saint Asbury Park, New Jersey
Jun 25 2008 Galapagos Art Space Brooklyn, New York
Jun 26 2008 Triad Theater & Lounge New York, New York
Jun 27 2008 Milly’s Tavern Manchester, New Hampshire
Jun 28 2008 The Power of Prog Festival Clinton, New York
Jun 29 2008 (TBC) - Syracuse, NY Syracuse, New York
Jul 1 2008 U.S. Beer Company Chicago, Illinois
Jul 2 2008 Red Line Tap Chicago, Illinois
Jul 3 2008 The Annex Madison, Wisconsin
Jul 5 2008 Cornerstone Festival Bushnell, Illinois
Jul 10 2008 Kirby’s Beer Store Wichita, Kansas
Jul 11 2008 ROCKLAHOMA Pryot, Oklahoma

AND THE NEWLY CONFIRMED AS OF THIS MORNING:

Jul 08 2008 Granada Lawrence, Kansas (also featuring Elctrikchair, Gravestorm, Montia, and more tba)

This is my first venture into the promotion realm and I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!!! METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Biffie, you will do okay. May 31 and June 2 they will be in my living room and patio. woooohoooooooo

Still more to come :)

And more barbecues too! I know I'll be feeding them up good when they pass through here!

Come to think of it, anyone else want to whip up a meal for the boys? I'm sure they'd be down with it if they have time along their tour. :) Post here if you're interested in hosting a little summertime bbq/dinner with a bunch of Brazilians and all your friends, I'll send the notes over to them and see if they can work the meals/visits into their schedules! :) ((why didn't we think of this the first time they were here?! lol!))

You'll never meet a better group of people!

Dude Ian, I already told you this, but again, congrats on that gig man. Not only will it save me a trip to Wichita, of all fucking places for a Brazilian band to play, but I'll be able to see one of my favorite bands play 5-7 blocks from my apartment.

I'm guessing about 10-15 of my classmates from Advanced Portuguese will be showing up.

KICK ASS!

Excellent to know they'll be touring again so I can catch them.

Now I have to say. These guys must have a LOT of money. Let's be honest here, a band that does not have a name or much recognition (if any) outside of Brazil booking a 30+ date tour in places like the ones confirmed, sounds a little insane. If they're paying for this tour (which is very possible, let's face it), wouldn't it make more sense to pay for an opening slot in a more successful tour?

Jun 19 2008 Grog and Tankard Washington, Washington DC
I hope the guys have a deal worked out for their drinks being covered at this show. I've only been to this venue once a few years ago (Nick's band The Schismatics were playing there), but I swore I'd never go back. The venue is ok, but the drinks were so over-priced because of the area of DC it's in (upscale shopping area). Not only were the drinks really high-priced ($7 bottle, $9 drafts, $10-12 mixed drinks), but then there was a cover too (which is expected). We had people who showed up to see them play and they left before they came in the door because of how high the drink prices plus cover were. Maybe it's just because we're from Baltimore where at a basic bar similar to the Grog and Tankard will run you $2-5 a bottle, $4-6 a draft, and $5-8 for mixed drinks.

Any other venue in the area and I'd probably be willing to go and check these guys out, but I'm not driving an hour down into DC on a Thursday to pay $10-12 per drink and see one band I'm middle of the road on right now.

Next time in DC - I suggest booking The U Turn or The Black Cat. Better yet, come to Baltimore and I'll connect you with the folks at The Ottobar or the Sidebar.

Hope the tour goes well for them though! :headbang:

Biffle, congrats on the booking man! Let us know how your show out there goes.