Mindwarp Chamber CD Release Party

Good to hear some forumers are making it tonight! I may have met some of you. I'll be in a PP VIII shirt to help promote the fest. Ill be there around 7pm with a buddy to catch the Hawks first. Going to be a great night of hockey and even better night of music.

Every time I see Mindwarp Chamber I am more impressed with them. Not only do they sound tight live, but their singer is really good. Much moreso than many bands I've seen. I didn't hear one time last night when he struggled on something. They also have really good songwriting.

Ohh my head it pounding....

Thanks everyone for coming out, it was great seeing the ProgPower Chicago faction representing at the show.

What a fun night we'll after the Hawks game at least. So very happy to see and meet the guys from Lydian Sea, I cant wait to do another show with them. They're officially family now.

Now I must go lay down loud keyboard typing hurting my head.

Yeah, I'm definitely a Lydian Sea fan now. And yeah, Scott's vox are amazing even to those of us in the band. His phrasing is really unique, but the clarity and power of his voice is on par with anyone out there. Normally I'd be pissing all over the music with obnoxious-guitar-hero solos, but, not in this band. Vocals, front and center, in your face, the way God/Dio intended.

Thanks all for coming, it was a very pleasant surprise that so many of you came out for a beyond-midnight show!

Re: Al, having to work: its cool. I can't wait to have some Al-guest-vox on a song soon. It works out really well! Powerslave was fantastic. We should get him onboard with a King Diamond cover (or Neil Diamond).

Hey, Mike!

You guys were fantastic on Friday! I wish I could have stuck around to tell you all personally, but even after leaving early, I only managed to get three hours of sleep for work the next morning. Anyway, the new songs are sounding awesome! You guys are tighter than ever!

I'm glad to hear you're a fan of Lydian Sea now. I know it takes a while, but you eventually end up checking out the bands in the genre of music that you play. I love it when you finally hear these bands, because you get like a kid hearing a life-changing album for the first time.

As for joining you fellows on stage again, I'm all for it. You have my number. Just let me know when you're playing again and if I plan on being in attendance, I'll work on whatever song(s) you like. However, I would sooner cover Neil Diamond than King Diamond, especially if it's "Sweet Caroline."

On a final note (this goes out to AirGuitarLoonhouse), are you the guy that Joan and I saw at the Styx/Foreigner/Kansas show the following night? If so, drop me a line sometime. As a fellow ProgPower attendee, you're alright in my book.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

On a final note (this goes out to AirGuitarLoonhouse), are you the guy that Joan and I saw at the Styx/Foreigner/Kansas show the following night? If so, drop me a line sometime. As a fellow ProgPower attendee, you're alright in my book.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Twas not I. But I briefly talked to you on Fri at the Mindwarp / Lydian show when I stopped to say hi to Hawk when you were talking to him. I had a PP VIII shirt on that night.

By the way, you sure can sing! Let me know when you guest again!

Regaring the show...

WOW! I echo what has been said above! Incredible performance by all bands members. Wish the set could have gone on another hour.

Been spinning the new CD all weekend. It has monopolized my ears!

It was also nice to see Lydian Sea as I had heard about them, and they did not disappoint. Got their CD, and it is still in the on deck circle. Gonna spin it tonight now that I mentioned it.

Thanks for clearing that up, AirGuitarLoonhouse!

I remember talking to two guys wearing ProgPower shirts at the show, and I ran into one of them at Northerly Island the next night. Anywho, thanks for the compliment! I wasn't expecting Danny to pull me up on stage that night, especially since I've never sung that song before! I'm hoping that I can join one band or the other on stage at another show in the near future, but it's usually on the fly. I'm really hoping that I can announce a Chicagoland show with one of my own bands in the near future. Chances are that my new doom metal project will be playing some shows at the end of the summer or the beginning of the fall. I'll be sure to post any information as it comes my way.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks for clearing that up, AirGuitarLoonhouse!

I remember talking to two guys wearing ProgPower shirts at the show, and I ran into one of them at Northerly Island the next night. Anywho, thanks for the compliment! I wasn't expecting Danny to pull me up on stage that night, especially since I've never sung that song before! I'm hoping that I can join one band or the other on stage at another show in the near future, but it's usually on the fly. I'm really hoping that I can announce a Chicagoland show with one of my own bands in the near future. Chances are that my new doom metal project will be playing some shows at the end of the summer or the beginning of the fall. I'll be sure to post any information as it comes my way.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Oh the fun times I had working with Danny M. in the late 80's! :headbang:
Ask him about the Superstition days next time you see him :Smokin:

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert
That was me. Sorry for just shouting your name over the crowd. I figured you were probably like, "who the fuck was that?!" lol. I was the one at the MWC show wearing the PPUSAX shirt.

Lydian Sea was awesome as usual.. and your guest vocal was pretty damn good for having to read the tiny print on that lyrics sheet.

All the guys in MWC are extremely talented at their craft, and Dark Star seems like a good label for them. I hope the new album does well.

That was me. Sorry for just shouting your name over the crowd. I figured you were probably like, "who the fuck was that?!" lol. I was the one at the MWC show wearing the PPUSAX shirt.

The mystery is solved! :) It was nice seeing you at the Styx show, even if it was just briefly to wave.

Did you stay until Styx cancelled due to the weather? We left about as soon as the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and the wind started swinging around the light rigging and the hanging speakers.

We were glad to see we weren't the only metalheads there. Or the only people under 40 that weren't tagging along with their parents. :lol:

Yeah we stuck around, but I don't blame anyone for leaving. It got pretty nasty pretty quick. I have a feeling they probably canceled because the guys on either end of the stage holding the ropes to keep the speakers from swaying couldn't do so for much longer. At least they played half a set, and Kansas and Foreigner both rocked.

Hey, Compurocker!

You were going to be my second guess! I'm sorry I only briefly said "Hello!" and waved at the show. Joan and I were on the move with an agenda to find somebody in between sets. I recognized you from the previous evening, but I thought that you might have been AirGuitarLoonhouse. I believe you were both wearing ProgPower shirts that night. Anyway, ditto on seeing somebody else under 40 without their parents at that show. I'm usually dragging Joan to shows outside of the ProgPower-related concerts because I love so much different stuff. About 75% of the time, Joan walks out of those shows happy that I turned her onto something different. As for the other 25%, let's just say that she's glad it's on my tab. Hopefully, we can run into each other at a show in the near future. It's obviously easier to meet up and chat at shows without arranged seating. Possibly Charred Walls Of The Damned?

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert