Mix for critic

dabhoys

Oct 12, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
Hi there, I was asked to mix an EP for this band. I had absolutely nothing to do with the recording or prodcuction of the tracks. All though I know what was involved. I had to work around a few problems but I think the outcome was good. The band are happy with it.

This particular track is unmastered so excuse the low volume. I had to leave some headroom :)

Darkness Rising

Would appreciate some opinions good or bad. I did learn alot from this project and got paid too which ain't bad since I'm still learning :)

Cheers....

I like the mix but the singer sounds like he just woke up! :)

In all seriousness it sounded good but when the next song popped up in itunes it was so damn loud it nearly knocked me over.

dude...

friend...

i have this LOUD.. it sounds like crazy old school dave mustaine being ALL pissed off... at the world.

this almost reminds me of NUCLEAR ASSAULT>

dude. keep kicking the assess that show up in front of you take that ass >>> and then kick it. and kick it again. i thnk you kick ass because this kicks a bunch of ass right now on saturday.

check those leads! out! wow. dude.. ok im going to say it again.. this indeed kicks some big ass.........

seacrest out.

fuck.. i tried to link to a nuclear assault ..

HEY.. this is a good vibe.. i mean it. james murphy is about to clean house.. so.. DUCK!

EtherForBreakfast said:
dude...

friend...

i have this LOUD.. it sounds like crazy old school dave mustaine being ALL pissed off... at the world.

this almost reminds me of NUCLEAR ASSAULT>

dude. keep kicking the assess that show up in front of you take that ass >>> and then kick it. and kick it again. i thnk you kick ass because this kicks a bunch of ass right now on saturday.

check those leads! out! wow. dude.. ok im going to say it again.. this indeed kicks some big ass.........

seacrest out.

fuck.. i tried to link to a nuclear assault ..

HEY.. this is a good vibe.. i mean it. james murphy is about to clean house.. so.. DUCK!

:err:

Sinister Mephisto said:
I like the mix but the singer sounds like he just woke up! :)

In all seriousness it sounded good but when the next song popped up in itunes it was so damn loud it nearly knocked me over.

Cheers thanks man, i'll post the mastered version up when its ready. As for the vocals I did my best but it was tough to make it sound good.

The guitars were tracked with a Marshall Modefour with the MF 400 cab with a 57.