Mix from my band's upcoming album(6505 w/ 1960a and real drums)

Something sounds a bit off about the guitars. I'm liking where it's headed tone-wise but something sounds weird about it. Maybe a bit muddy? I would like to see what other people think.

Other than the guitars (and I could just be hearing things) I think it sounds really good.

wow my personnal opignion it's your sound kick ass man!! what's your configuration for the guitar recording please? thanx

thanks, the chain was the following

Dean ML - maxon od808 - isp decimator - Peavey 6505(red channel) - Marshall 1960a

Something sounds a bit off about the guitars. I'm liking where it's headed tone-wise but something sounds weird about it. Maybe a bit muddy? I would like to see what other people think.

Other than the guitars (and I could just be hearing things) I think it sounds really good.

yes, I think the problem is that i'm using 3 tracks and the center one is way too loud, so it's getting a little muddy, it could also use more high end

did you record cymbals?

well, actually, I didn't record the drums, and they suck, we had to overdub A LOT of cymbals, but unfortunately, I can't do it in the whole album.
It's also missing automation so it's still a long way to the final product

thanks for the comments guys, they are VERY useful

if your going for a polished/produced sound, i thikn you should try to scoop everything a little more (esp. snare) and also try to use some rev on the snare to give the mix dimension. as it is it sounds very papery and 2dimensional, so try to get more depth into your mix. also you could use more high end.

i like the guitar tone !

maybe if your going for a little more old school / raw sounding album,
you could probably get away with how it is now ;-)

hope that helps!