Mix my bands album for fun!

Hi, guys!
I've decided to start with Feeder track:

Guitars are reamped thru the Mesa Dual Recto amp and the Endl 4x12 slant cab with two mics.

VeneMorte, thanks for sharing! Which guitar amp was used in the original mixes?

Last edited by a moderator:
To EVERYONE! Thank you so much, this response is incredible hahaha! I'm having such a fucking blast listening through all these tracks and mixes so thank you so much for getting involved!

And Vild man, the mixes are a little muddy / confused but man they sound fucking HUGE nice job hahaha :D Maybe ease up on the master compression?

-Joe

Thanks for your words dude, they´re so much appreciated for me. Indeed, my last mixes are too muddy and confused.....they are, because I put so much compresion on master channel, as you say; and "bad" eq on mixing process.

This time my ears are so tired, so it could be better (next time, I will try to do my best on Eq and compression), but here it is my new try for D-44.

....and with more spatial on stereo...

https://www.box.com/s/px8djb5s1n33y0vy3uh3

I am very interested on what you think.

Again I must say that, your music is really awesome and guitars are very well tracked. As somebody said, it remains me Lamb of God stuff, mainly the vocal´s timbre.

Cheers from Spain and sorry for my shitty english (hope you can understand me correctly...not really sure hahaha).

Hi,
and the last one ! "B-Vera"

Bugera and mic pos photo:

989061_584918614871986_595617800_o.jpg

989692_584919558205225_1837031309_o.jpg

Stay Metal !

Hi, guys!
I've decided to start with Feeder track:
Guitars are reamped thru the Mesa Dual Recto amp and the Endl 4x12 slant cab with two mics.

VeneMorte, thanks for sharing! Which guitar amp was used in the original mixes?

Sounds phat man!! Like it alot! A software plugin called TSE X50 was the amp!

Thanks for your words dude, they´re so much appreciated for me. Indeed, my last mixes are too muddy and confused.....they are, because I put so much compresion on master channel, as you say; and "bad" eq on mixing process.

This time my ears are so tired, so it could be better (next time, I will try to do my best on Eq and compression), but here it is my new try for D-44.

I am very interested on what you think.

Again I must say that, your music is really awesome and guitars are very well tracked. As somebody said, it remains me Lamb of God stuff, mainly the vocal´s timbre.

Cheers from Spain and sorry for my shitty english (hope you can understand me correctly...not really sure hahaha).

Well firstly, thank you once agian for your kind words! And also thank you os much for learning English so that we can communicate! Fantastic effort, and with regards to the mix.. it sounds very... odd? Hahaha I do not know what to think of it hahaha :D I hope you understand? Perhaps your ears are still tired haha :D

Hi, this is my try on Ignorance:

You managed to create something VERY unique haha it sounds / reminds me of 16 bit doom music now, which is AWESOME hahaha :D

Pretty slick band you have here.

Thank you man! Your mix is great, the KICKS are REALLY nice :D

Hey guys .. just wondering .. are we allowed to use the stem files from this forum as a portfolio once we mix?

My 0,001 cent
Many thanks for the tracks

awesome ! i 'll download some tunes to practice, thanks a lot.
I was wondering what is your gear, especially the song Open, i f*cking looove the guitar tone.

Well firstly, thank you once agian for your kind words! And also thank you os much for learning English so that we can communicate! Fantastic effort, and with regards to the mix.. it sounds very... odd? Hahaha I do not know what to think of it hahaha :D I hope you understand? Perhaps your ears are still tired haha :D

My pc is a fucked up!, so ít colapses with less than 1gb charged on ram.

I´m trying to do my best, just trying a lot of "well" and "bad" combinations on Eq, Compression, reverb and on guitars/bass reamp, so here is my nu newbie try :rofl:.

https://www.box.com/s/07f32ljyjewffvq1azfj

This time, tsex40 on guitars, steven slate 3.5 and ezmix on bass and solos.

Thanks for sharing Raw file. This is my try on Reality 2.0
Hope you like it :Spin::Spin:

Hey guys .. just wondering .. are we allowed to use the stem files from this forum as a portfolio once we mix?

Of course man! Just two rules! Don't sell our tracks and credit us / link back to our bandcamp / website.

awesome ! i 'll download some tunes to practice, thanks a lot.
I was wondering what is your gear, especially the song Open, i f*cking looove the guitar tone.

Hey man thanks a lot! The guitar used on Open was a custom built for me by a friend of mine who passed away. Pickup was a Seymour Duncan JB.

Also thank you so much for the interest and getting involved guys. Makes all the effort of getting the DI's setup and clean for you well worth the effort. All I can say is thank you so much and if you like what we do don't forget to drop us a like on FB or spread the word of Karhu to your friends!

After this has run it's course I think we'll have a discussion to sort out some prizes in the future ;)

Cheers guys!

Hi guys, that is such an awesome song! I love the song "Open"!

Anyway, here is my mix of B-Vera. I'm still a noob, so give your critics!