Mix/re-amp my bass please?

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Ive been having a real hard time getting a bass tone anywhere near close to what I want so ive uploaded the WAV for anybody else to have a go at it.

Hopefully the raw file isnt "un-workable", looking for the typical Devildriver/Machinehead/Splatt bass tone from the Slate track, dirty type tone with plenty of note clarity.

Any help is REALLY appreciated, its one of 2 tracks my band have recorded and will be out soon, so im dying to get a nice thick bass tone!

Hopefully this link works...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8T4SV39V

Compression (fastest attack, slow release), EQ and blended with Izotope Trash for grit and "in your face". Then some chorus for stereo spread though it depends if needed at all ;)

Was that it? haha, good stuff, I thought it might have been a badly tracked job why I was having trouble (never recorded a bass amp).

If I could get hold of the full track ill whack it on the track for sure if thats ok? :headbang:

sure, I'll upload it in a bit. I think the bass track is very usable, the hardest part is always the string noise for me...
but I'm pretty confident that some can do an awesome basssound out of your file, I'm not that experienced myself :p

Yeah man no worries. Yeah im hoping somebody will take it and re-amp it through a Ampeg stack or something haha! I heard Splatts bass on the "have a crack at this..." song this morning and really want something on those lines, just sounds perfect.

The second song I actually lost the bass files somehow and had to re-record the bass straight into my interface with a SD-1 in front, sounds thin as fuck in comparion but hopefully it can be made into something respectable too :p

It sits well actually! Its a touch harsh but its still good. Wouldnt mind seeing a screenie myself :p Namly what EQ tweaks you did, I like the body of it.