Mixing Fascination Street style - with a twist

Behindert

Mar 17, 2007
Örebro, Sweden
www.myspace.com
Heya!

Since I'm not doing that much work at Fascination Street (http://www.fascinationstreet.se/) at the moment, I figured I might aswell offer my own services here. I mainly focus on mixing and mastering.

I've worked at Fascination Street for two years now and I've learned a lot from Jens Bogren who has been my teacher and mentor. Combining the methods I've learned from Jens with my own will end up in a result sounding very Fascination Street-ish, but with a twist ;).

Here are some examples of work that I've done:

https://soundcloud.com/andr-alvinzi/sets/mixes-by-andr-alvinzi

Best regards,

André Alvinzi

How come you don't have a lot of work atm dude? Are you a producer / engineer in your own right at Fascination or are you Jens assistant/engineer?

Your work slays btw

Thanks for the kind words Tony! :)

MetalMiller: Well.. I still use a lot of samples I made myself. Sometimes I end up using free stuff I found on here ;). I also use some of the Slate stuff.. Snare no. 20A and no. 4 rocks my world haha ;). Hmm, the band in sample number four is called Omb and I mixed their debut album. Some really crazy stuff! They are from Israel :).

Pedro Teixeira: I don't have a full time employment at Fstreet and I've never had that.. I do mixing exclusively, but in the beginning I did some other work too :). Whenever a band shows interest in working with me, I go through the schedule with my colleague Tony to see if there's any possibility for me to fit in anywhere. We're three people working here at the facility in Örebro and when both Jens and Tony are super busy, there just is no room for me in the studio. This has been the case for the past 4 months and I've realized I might aswell find work on my own instead of just sitting around waiting for schedule gaps, since I do have the possibility to mix at my home studio. I think I might give it a shot starting up my own business :). Glad you like my stuff btw! :D

Pedro Teixeira: I don't have a full time employment at Fstreet and I've never had that.. I do mixing exclusively, but in the beginning I did some other work too :). Whenever a band shows interest in working with me, I go through the schedule with my colleague Tony to see if there's any possibility for me to fit in anywhere. We're three people working here at the facility in Örebro and when both Jens and Tony are super busy, there just is no room for me in the studio. This has been the case for the past 4 months and I've realized I might aswell find work on my own instead of just sitting around waiting for schedule gaps, since I do have the possibility to mix at my home studio. I think I might give it a shot starting up my own business :). Glad you like my stuff btw! :D

Oh ok, makes sense. Did part of the money had to go to the studio as well when you used it? Good luck dude, I'm sure you'll be fine, you're quality and people will want to pay for it, just a matter of time

MetalMiller: Well.. I still use a lot of samples I made myself. Sometimes I end up using free stuff I found on here ;). I also use some of the Slate stuff.. Snare no. 20A and no. 4 rocks my world haha ;). Hmm, the band in sample number four is called Omb and I mixed their debut album. Some really crazy stuff! They are from Israel :).

Thanks for the info... Can definitely hear that 20a vibe;)

Oh ok, makes sense. Did part of the money had to go to the studio as well when you used it? Good luck dude, I'm sure you'll be fine, you're quality and people will want to pay for it, just a matter of time

Yup, the studio gets a certain percentage :). I'm finding it difficult to decide rates when it comes to doing work completely on my own though. Thanks for the good luck wishes and kind word man!

Wow, the snare in the "Mix sample 6" sounds incredible. Are those 20a and 4 too???
Wish you all the best, your mixes are amazing!

Quick question on one of the youtube videos

How in the hell was this effect made? Guitar with a ring modulator?

1:55

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you happen to work on the latest Witchcraft album 'Legend'? Sounds really good. I especially like the snare and drum ambiance.

Nope, I had nothing to do with that project :). Besides that I interrupted the guys in Witchcraft a couple of times when they were laying down solos haha.. I think a lot of the ambience comes from the room itself, since Jens apparently compressed it to hell :). But I'm sure some ambience samples are in there too. Very cool album I think.

Heya!

Since I'm not doing that much work at Fascination Street (http://www.fascinationstreet.se/) at the moment, I figured I might aswell offer my own services here. I mainly focus on mixing and mastering.

I've worked at Fascination Street for two years now and I've learned a lot from Jens Bogren who has been my teacher and mentor. Combining the methods I've learned from Jens with my own will end up in a result sounding very Fascination Street-ish, but with a twist ;).

Here are some examples of work that I've done:

https://soundcloud.com/andr-alvinzi/sets/mixes-by-andr-alvinzi

Best regards,

André Alvinzi

Hi Andre,

I am currently starting to get into surround sound mixing of live recordings, and am particularly interested in the techniques used for the Paradise Lost 'Symphony X' album. I know it was Jens that mixed this one, but is there any insight/pointers you could give yourself as to how to approach 5.1 mixing? Literally anything, I'm a complete novice. Thanks :)

Neil