Mixing Metalcore (Multitracks)

I'm giving it a go as we speak, but there are definitely some timing and tuning issues with the guitars. Also some editing pops and clicks here and there, plus the DI's are very noisy and they sound a bit dull, maybe old strings? Not great material to work with to be honest. But i'll see what i can come up with

Edit : And what is up with that bassguitar? Let alone playing the wrong notes a couple of times making it just, very sharp or flat in combination with the guitars

Mixed it real quick, was in a hurry today. Vocals could come up, and the mastering could be a little brighter. But kept me busy for an afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm giving it a go as we speak, but there are definitely some timing and tuning issues with the guitars. Also some editing pops and clicks here and there, plus the DI's are very noisy and they sound a bit dull, maybe old strings? Not great material to work with to be honest. But i'll see what i can come up with

Edit : And what is up with that bassguitar? Let alone playing the wrong notes a couple of times making it just, very sharp or flat in combination with the guitars

1+ Had to pitch the bass alot of time during the song.

Spent some more time on it tonight.

EDIT: Just realized it updated the link in my first post too.

Here's my version, did it pretty quickly so I only automated some of the vocals.
Tried fixing the bass a little too.
Let me know what you think!

EDIT:reuploaded

I seriously wanted to give it a try, but dude, those DIs are turnoff. It's not mudy but something else. I've heard it before when one band went to me for mixing after they recorded their stuff somewhere else. Those DIs sound thin and somehow performance sound like speeded up....(is that the case?) In previous experience DIs was recorded with that Behringer preamp ADA8000 through some interface and with Cubase in 96000hz.

My take. Tracking was less than ideal, but I managed to pull out this:

EDIT: Wtf, the intro had no clipping when I exported it o_O

Well, the DI's should be better, true, but I've found a lot worse in the past. Anyway, great song. I have not had time to fix the bass, neither automate, but I could really use to give me your opinion.

https://db.tt/snveW743

\m/

I'm having enough trouble with dropbox, so I put the soundcloud link (to my regret, hate their MP3 compression)

:kickass: