Challenging Multitracks for Practice

Dude, sounds good! I really like it! Only thing is the snare has just a bit too much verb for my taste, but I like how you tamed the guitars! What'd you use for that?
yeah maybe should dial back some on the snare. On the guitar i just used some eq on the channels and hardpan L/R. Then i did all on the Guitarbuss. Used tape, eq, comp, c4. Here a photo of my chain
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylo8fhxmzngitn9/1.png?dl=0

EDIT. reduced the verb on the snare and did some more few tweaks, now its done. replaced the dropbox link from last post to the new one. sound good now thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
The bass is pretty loud, I would work on controlling that a bit more. There are some delays on the guitars that just kinda make them not clear, hard to focus on them and it's drowning out the vocals. If you could work on that and get everything sitting together a bit better it will sound pretty good!
Had some time to do a version with the tweaks you wanted. Re-distributed the bass energy, so to change the voicing to make it sound tighter. IMO I don't think it was a loudness thing. Also made the guitars ever so slightly stand out more to perceptually help shift bass energy. Also got the lead work more out of the way for the vocal.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0p8y50rp1pr94a/Sweet Whisper_taureanmixing_v2.wav?dl=0

Not bad. It's definitely better than the first. I'm not sure what plugins you're using, but there are points in the track where it sounds like a crazy buildup of analog noise. I know waves has a lot of plugins that they like to add the analog feature too, but it really detracts from the song.

Not bad. It's definitely better than the first. I'm not sure what plugins you're using, but there are points in the track where it sounds like a crazy buildup of analog noise. I know waves has a lot of plugins that they like to add the analog feature too, but it really detracts from the song.
Interesting, yea I duno what it is you're hearing exactly. I definitely don't use waves though.

It's almost as if you don't have a gate on something that's really compressed and the low noise just gets loud. usually in spots where it breaks in the song