Mixing our Live DVD... Crowd mic died.. now what :\

Awesome! Sounds good! I'd love to have a live recording of my band that sounded that good! Samples of your drummers actual kit or other samples?

Awesome! Sounds good! I'd love to have a live recording of my band that sounded that good! Samples of your drummers actual kit or other samples?

Cheers dude :) glad you're liking it.
One of the snare samples is his snare. But the kick is not. Just didn't sound good raw hence only 20% natural. But it's a kick... Not surprising :p

I don't really like crowd mics in live performances but some reverb on the 2bus will work IMO.
If you don't mind could you please PM me or post the equipment list you used to record this?
Sounds great!

I don't really like crowd mics in live performances but some reverb on the 2bus will work IMO.
If you don't mind could you please PM me or post the equipment list you used to record this?
Sounds great!

I personally like the natural vibe it adds. I hate fake verb and try to use as much natural mic as possible :)

For the gear, I assume you mean to actually record it yes? Not the instrument gear? Well I'll just put it in here man :)

Drums: Drumcraft Series 6 kit and Kahzan Cymbals
Mics: Rhode NT5's, Sennhesser e604's on Toms, Audix D6 on Kick, SM57 on snare top + bottom.

Guitars: Mesa Mark IV and Randall V2
Mics: Sennheiser e906's

Bass: Behringer BDI21 (Yep.. The Sansamp clone, I love that unit) And that's it with some post processing

Vocals: Audix OM5

Keys: DI tracks from a Korg M88?? I can't remember the model> Some awesome synthy shit :p

That's it dude :)

@Melb_shredder hah thanks. really, the BDI21 seems to sound great and it's very cheap.
what about the sound interface and preamps you used to record the multi track?

Yeah, for the price, the BDI is well worth it :)
Umm... It was through some console that KISS used on your actually haha. Then through some MOTU a/d and into pro tools :)

thanks dude. where can we find your DVD when it's finished?