Rerecording guitars from live and mixing

Benalthel

Jul 4, 2011
Malmö, Sweden
www.facebook.com
So we got a guy to do a recording of our band when we played live. The raw drum, bass and vocals sound good I think, but the sound of the guitar tracks are pretty bad. Not to mention that on the last song one of my strings detuned, so that song was unusable. We got a great video recording with multiple angles and we don't want that to go to waste, so we thought of just rerecording the guitars at home played like the live version. I did that but I don't know what if anything I should do to the mix of them to make them sound more "live-y" if you can understand what I mean. Here's that song with rerecorded guitars if you have any pointers or tips. It's the first time for me mixing anything live-recorded too.

https://clyp.it/i1hgcgzj

attenuate overheads by 2dB. Or is that done on purpose to hide sloppy drumming? :whistle: :D

guitars are fine. Remember they usually are close-mic´d, and so is the sound from the live PA system. The leftovers from the old guitar parts are still there, in the other mics from the live recording, and give some live feeling.

btw: great song! What´s your band called?

yes, one can quickly go too far with that kinda stuff :)
awesome, just had a listen. Give me a heads up when a full length is out, i can´t read Swedish :( Or better, let me mix it, heh:loco: