Mixing Practice "Torque - Enhance Our Burial" (DI's Included)

anyone know the correct tempo? It says 177 but it doesnt seem to sync up with that bpm.

My first attempt :

Nice song :devil:
I will be happy if you comment for me, I know there're many issues in my mix :D

Hey man, good mix overall. Too much room in the drums for my taste, but that's up to you :). Keep it metal! :headbang:

EZ Drummer Metalheads DW Kit.
Despised Icon kick sample
Dave Mathews Band snare sample.

Left Guitar:TSE 808, Poulin Lecto, LeCab 2, Ownhammer Bogner Impulses.

Right Guitar: TSE 808, Nick Crow Lab 8505 Lead, LeCab 2, Ownhammer Bogner Impulses.

Bass:poulin Lextac

EZ Drummer Metalheads Sonor Kit.

Poulin Hybrit on all guitars, including bass. TSE 808 on rhythm and lead guitars, Ownhammer Bogner impulses in LeCab 2.

Alrite, so I think the first mix is better. I guess the guitars have more power and better consistent low end than the second one. Also, the second mix sounds a little bit too dark. Cheers! :kickass:

Oh man this is so freaking funny, at the beginning I thought I had another window opened in my browser haha! And indeed, the mix is very good! I personally loved the snare and the vocals, so much power bro! Cheers! :headbang:

anyone know the correct tempo? It says 177 but it doesnt seem to sync up with that bpm.

The tempo is 177 bpm. Make sure all tracks are at bar 0 in your DAW. the whole song is 4/4.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe the files didnt download right for me or something because even when everything is at bar 0, they don't sync up with the drums. The file I have, the drums start right away and end before the guitars end.

none of you guys are having trouble with the files lining up? Everything lines up with itself except the drums and when I set the tempo to 177, the files dont line up completely to the grid and the drums do not either.

hey man what version of windows are you using? and what DAW? Also did you have any trouble with the MIDI drums syncing with the rest of the tracks?

I had no problems syncing the drums with the rest. I'm using FL Studio on a Win7 64Bit machine. I set the BPM to 177, imported the tracks and just started mixing.

for some reason when I import the stems sync correctly when I import them into reaper then render them and re import the new rendered files into Cubase. I don't get it but it works!

Here's my attempt:
http://soundcloud.com/user1770186/torque-enhance-our-burial-mix
Great song... had fun, this was my first time doing one of these Mixing practices

Good mix man. Vocals sound a little bit weird, like they don't fit in your mix. Olverall I like it a lot. Keep it up!

Dat snare sounds freaking awesome dude!! The only thing I don't like about your mix is the balanace (volume) of the different instruments. Cheers!

my new mix :headbang:

Hey man, I think you can still improve your mix. The snare has too much reverb for my taste, and guitars need more low end. Good job overall though! Cheers!

My try:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15281501/Metal/Torque.wav
This is my second mix posted here, any suggestions are more than welcome.
Cheers !

Everything sounds good but drums. I think you did way too much processing on them. Stay metal!

here is my go:

http://snd.sc/108TXs1

feedback is highly welcome

There are several things in your mix that could be improved. Drum overheads are too loud, and guitars sound weak. Thanks for sharing man! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: