MJR's Guitar Specs

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
MJR sent this to me; a gear page for the site is being created, so the info will be there soon as well, but I figured I'd share this here now to give you a little something of interest while we wait for new info on the new cd..

[FONT=&quot]〜[/FONT] Specifications [FONT=&quot]〜[/FONT]

MODEL = CAPARISON - Dellinger White - Michael Romeo Custom

BODY MATERIAL = Mahogany
BODY SHAPE = Dellinger ( Strat-style )

NECK MATERIAL = Hard Maple
NECK SCALE = 25 1/2inch, 648mm
NECK GRIP = Special - MJR
NO. OF FRET = 24 frets
NECK JOINT = Bolt-on Neck

FINGERBOARD MATERIAL = Maple
FINGERBOARD RADIUS = Special -MJR
( curved 350R around nut to 400R at the end )
FINGERBOARD INLAY = None

FRET WIRE = Jumbo

HEAD STOCK = Devil's Tail
MACHINE HEADS = Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P.
NUT = Schaller R2 42mm

BRIDGE = Schaller S-FRT ( FloydRose type )
PICKUPS = Neck-DiMarzio Tone Zone, Bridge-DiMarzio X2N
CONTROLS = 1 Master Volume, 3 Way Toggle Switch

FINISH: = White Gloss/ FD White
( FD White = This is Caparison's original finish which helps make their distinctive mid-low range tonal characteristics possible )
HARDWARE =: Black
STRINGS = D’Addario .010 - .046
TUNING = D Tune = D/G/C/F/A/D

I think his previous guitar, the esp, is alder body with a maple fretboard is it not? If so, the alder is a more trebled tight sound in my experience, and I think maple on the freboard gives of a brighter tone than say rosewood which is a daker tone. The mahogony I know has smooth mids, and has a depth that alder doesn't have, so maybe that's why someone noticed that his Mahogony bodied guitar tone was "punchier". I love both types of wood, my usa jackson soloist is alder, and my usa bc rich asm-2 is mahogony, and they each serve a kool function, but both have ebony freboards my favorite. I'd love to try out a korina wood guitar tho, according to what I've heard korina's sound is a blend between alder and mahogony, I'm not sure tho, I'd need to get my hands on one to tell. \m/

BTW- Thx for the specs on MJR's guitar. \m/:headbang: