Modeling amp metallic settings

May 1, 2014
I'm gonna try this again, because I don't think I worded the last one well judging by the lack of responses. I use a modeling amp. What settings do you use to get a pure, melodic metallic tone?

Moderate amounts of gain. Don't scoop the mids too much.
You've probably heard this a million times, but the majority of the way you sound comes from your hands... If you can be more specific about what amp you're using, I'm sure people will post some ideas to help you get started.

Moderate amounts of gain. Don't scoop the mids too much.
You've probably heard this a million times, but the majority of the way you sound comes from your hands... If you can be more specific about what amp you're using, I'm sure people will post some ideas to help you get started.
Thanks for the reply, Moss. I'm using a Fender G-dec 3 15 watt modeling amp. I don't like to push the gain too high, but I have been turning up the mods, so I will try that suggestion.

For more clarification, I am looking to get the sound of a Mesa Boogie dual rectifier. Even more specifically, I want a sound that is resembles Theocracy (who also has a band page on this forum).