Monitoring problems

Apr 30, 2006
Hello guys, back again with another question. I have now delved into the world of recording real drums and actual amps rather than pod’s and samples. The problem I’m facing right now is monitoring the signal while trying to get the right mic placement/sound, as it’s pretty hard to tell with the noise level in the room often masking what comes through the phones and completely masking the monitors. I am going for the mobile recording setup of go where the band practices (rent a space) and recording them there etc so basically I cant even take my monitors with me because I will be tracking in the same room as the mic’d source. I guess I’m looking for headphones that won’t bleed into mic’s and that the room sound won’t bleed into them. They also need to be good enough to monitor sources without any confusion as to why it sounds shit later on through my main monitors back at home. Also any advice on a pair of ISO earphones for the drummer and guitarist tracking while I record would be useful obviously I will be looking for no bleed from the phones into the mic’s rather than quality here.