Monitors for axe fx

Boerboel666

Apr 17, 2010
Looking for a bit of advice on a small pair of active monitors to use with my axe fx 2 at home . In the studio I have genelec 8040 + NS10 I was thinking of second hand 8030 genelecs or something similar , so I can use the axe 2 at home to practice and create patches that will translate to the studio . If any of you guys can recommend any other small monitors suitable for this job let us know . Cheers and Happy New Year .

Maybe something like the Yamaha HS50/HS80M's would work well? Considering you're using NS10's in the studio and they're somewhat similar.

Maybe something like the Yamaha HS50/HS80M's would work well? Considering you're using NS10's in the studio and they're somewhat similar.

+1, Conming in i was going to recommend these anyway, but i def agree, love how everything translates well from monitor to average stereo with these monitors

Are those yamahas active ? Should have mentioned in the post that they must be active . At the moment I don't have what I would consider a quality amp for the Ns10 so I have been using the genelec mostly . But to be fair any small neutral active monitors should do the trick .

The Yamaha's are active, I like my HS50M's a great deal, but the HS80M's would be better suited for outright guitar playing with the better bass response.

While not actually monitors, the QSC K and KW series are really nice. I run my Axe II thru K12's and KW12's regularly and really like them. The K's work really well with the Sub extension engaged. Strips out all the rumble.

Well of course it doesnt give you the feel of a cranked cab (which is not the purpose anyway) but it does sound pretty good IMO