mono tracks in reaper

Jun 17, 2008
Portugal
I'm considering moving to Reaper so I downloaded the demo.
I'm feeling very stupid for this, but I just don't know how to make a track output in mono, so I can use mono VSTs on it.
When I right-click on the meter the only similar option I get is "Routing: output (mono)" and I don't think this is it.
I've tried google, but I can't get a clear answer, and I can't find it in the official manual either.

Any help?

You can use any VST on any track. It's always fake mono since you got 2 speakers, they just play the same thing.

The track is mono or stereo depending on the source material, if it's mono your track is mono, if it's stereo your track is stereo. it's very straight forward. if your using a stereo vst on a mono file, not sure.

Good to know that Sloan, thanks. It still has 2 channels, though, so can I still apply mono VSTs to a track that supposedly has a mono source and get the same results I would get in another DAW with mono tracks?

You can change the plugin routing to make it process only one channel and output same signal to the rest of chain. Sometimes this reduces CPU load but I've never needed to do this.

You can make a track mono sum output with a different pan mode. There's one that has a stereo width control.

You can change the plugin routing to make it process only one channel and output same signal to the rest of chain. Sometimes this reduces CPU load but I've never needed to do this.

You can make a track mono sum output with a different pan mode. There's one that has a stereo width control.

Is that in the manual? I need to check that out.