Fixing rhythm guitars buried in mono

What? Dude I've been a sound engineer for at last twelve years now. Tell me what about the song? I won't listen to it, I don't care who mixed it, I won't list to nickel back.

If the song sound bad to you check your fucking room setup. You're out of your element. Don't take your frustrations out on me if you don't know how many Channels STEREO is. Go back to mixing for right, left, and center Channels. You have a studio? You have clients?

What's your point?

I think 12 years aren't enough around here to act like a dick.

What? Dude I've been a sound engineer for at last twelve years now. Tell me what about the song? I won't listen to it, I don't care who mixed it, I won't list to nickel back.

If the song sound bad to you check your fucking room setup. You're out of your element. Don't take your frustrations out on me if you don't know how many Channels STEREO is. Go back to mixing for right, left, and center Channels. You have a studio? You have clients?

What's your point?

You won't listen to a great mix by one of the top rock mix engineers out there just because it's a Nickelback song? Shit, what else have you missed out on in life because it was "so and so" who did it?

You sound like my intern's audio engineering professor. "I don't do grid editing and I don't use sample replacement, so I won't teach you about it." Closed-minded much?

And for the record, 12 years, 20 years or 35 years, doesn't matter how long you've been in the game. In this business, where it's hard enough to eek out a living no matter who you are, there's no need nor room for dicks who treat other engineers and producers like they aren't worthy to be in the same room as the "more experienced."

As far as being on-topic: I do not concern myself a lot with mono compatibility. I do monitor in mono from time to time, but it's more for a clarity check than anything else.

My advice: mix till you think it sounds great, check it in mono, but don't lose sleep over the mono compatibility of your mixes.

If you want to keep your mixes tidy in mono it is always better to check them on a single speaker, than emulated in stereo field.

What's your point?

wow

you're a bit of a cunt, aren't you?

I've never tried this, so I'll just throw it out there and hope somebody else knows if it'll help -- what if you used a different pan law? I'm assuming you're using the standard -3db. If you used a higher one (-1.5 for example), maybe it would sum in mono better.

You'd have to redo a good bit of work on your mix if you do this, though, so make a backup before messing around with it.