Montreal Show

mtl_metalgirl

Oct 18, 2006
What a wonderful performance & setlist last night! :headbang:

Thanks to Jesse & the boys for taking the effort to have the entire band sign my cd booklet (I hope I didn't seem too pushy!!!) I should've brought my cd from home instead of having to buy a 2nd copy! I am wearing my Daylight Dies shirt today with pride, yay!

I'll wear my Katatonia one tomorrow hehehe :kickass:

Yeah, last night was really a great performance by Daylight Dies. It was cool to finally be able to listen to the new songs live. I loved the setlist. Couldn't have asked for a better one. And it was really cool to be able to talk to the guys after their performance. Thanks again guys for the great show!! Hope you'll come back again!

:headbang:

I was at the Quebec city show, very good set list, but I was hoping that
"Dead Air" would be play but wasn't. I had a chance to talk with Nathan Ellis and when I querried him about "Dead Air" he said it was probably his favorite song off of Dismantling Devotion and that the reason it wasn't played live was because of the silent spaces it has in it. But he did mention he would try to work the song in future set lists.

Hopefully they'll get to play it next time they come on tour in the province!

Nemesis, to answer your question: Yes, I was standing in the front row, right in front of Charley and next to a guy with a red checkered shirt.

I have a feeling you're the guy next to guy with the checkered shirt? Now wouldn't that be funny!

I think we were the only diehard Daylight Dies fans in the front row :kickass:

mtl_metalgirl said:
I have a feeling you're the guy next to guy with the checkered shirt? Now wouldn't that be funny!

I think we were the only diehard Daylight Dies fans in the front row :kickass:
Hehe, yeah, I was the tall guy with the Dismantling Devotion shirt next to the guy with the checkered shirt. :)

You're right, we were probably the only diehard Daylight Dies fans in the front row.
Avoir su, on aurait dû se parler un peu.

Nemesis said:
Hehe, yeah, I was the tall guy with the Dismantling Devotion shirt next to the guy with the checkered shirt. :)

You're right, we were probably the only diehard Daylight Dies fans in the front row.
Avoir su, on aurait dû se parler un peu.

:heh: What were the chances we guessed who one another was?! I mean, in a crowd of 400+ people you know.

Did you stay in the front row during Moonspell? The white spot lights during their performance were RIDICULOUS!!! After Katatonia, I forced myself to endure Moonspell for my buddies.

I saw Daylight Dies for the first time in Toronto Wednesday night. I'm not one for growling vocals, but I fell in love with the guitars. I bought the CD Dismantling Devotion and actually Nathan makes the vocals easy to listen to. This CD is so dark & haunting. I love it more and more every time I listen to it.

It was cool to talk to Nathan briefly when I bought the CD. I asked him where they are from and he said North Carolina, but not to tell anyone that :lol: I said oh, home of the Carolina Hurricanes...he said he wasn't much of a hockey fan, but they are from the same city, Raleigh, NC He said thank-you for the support and that he appreciates it. What a cool guy!! I love how he looked like Cousin It on stage! Awesome!

FinnaticPam said:
...I'm not one for growling vocals, but I fell in love with the guitars...

it makes me remember back in 2002 .. when i tried " No reply " .. i wasn't into very big growling at this time... but the guitar / melodie / atmosphear .. was so powerfull .. and then .. liked the growl .. and after 2 weeks of full listening .. Whoo! i was so into it. . LOL.

FinnaticPam said:
I saw Daylight Dies for the first time in Toronto Wednesday night. I'm not one for growling vocals, but I fell in love with the guitars. I bought the CD Dismantling Devotion and actually Nathan makes the vocals easy to listen to. This CD is so dark & haunting. I love it more and more every time I listen to it.

It was cool to talk to Nathan briefly when I bought the CD. I asked him where they are from and he said North Carolina, but not to tell anyone that :lol: I said oh, home of the Carolina Hurricanes...he said he wasn't much of a hockey fan, but they are from the same city, Raleigh, NC He said thank-you for the support and that he appreciates it. What a cool guy!! I love how he looked like Cousin It on stage! Awesome!

I agree, the guitar work is really fantastic and it's catchy stuff too. They transmit the right emotion and atmosphere. I wasn't a fan of growling back in 2001, but now I like many bands that have that type of vocals. As long as the vocals aren't screamed/screached/strained I like them. Nathan's type of growls are the easiest kind for the ears for starters and you can clearly make out what he says. Really glad you enjoyed them! They definately deserve the attention.