Tonight/Last Night's show in Montreal

BloodOfTheZodiac

New Metal Member
Feb 12, 2008
I just got back to Ottawa from seeing the boys in Montreal. Great fucking show. I got there right when THREE hit the stage. Really cool band. The frontman has a dreamy voice and his guitar playing abilities are impeccable. I really likes his style.

Opeth......well........they were flawless in every aspect.

The first time I saw them was on SOTU at some Tennis Court place and they're set got cut short for whatever reason. They only played 3 songs, and there was a bunch of technical malfunctions, so it wasn't exactly an enjoyable Opeth experience. Then I saw them on Gigantour and it was better, yet still not a great experience because it was at a big arena, and they only played for about 45 minutes.

Soooo......tonight(or last night seeing as though it's now 3:19am) I had the pleasure of finally seeing Opeth at a small venue performing a headlining set. It's also my favorite venue in Montreal as well.

The sound was great, the performance was flawless, the set list was fantastic and the crowd once again like at every Montreal show was downright amazing. Axe is a great drummer and he's a welcomed change from Lopez. Frederik is a fabulous guitar player and fills Peter's shoes with perfection. Mikael was his usual self and brought the funny a few times. I also bought the $50 zip-up Watershed hoodie. The smallest size they had was XX-L, so I tried it on and it actually wasn't too bad, so I bought it in hopes of it shrinking to a perfect size when I put it in the dryer.

Setlist was like this and in this order if I remember correctly.

Demon Of The Fall
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time Of Need
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

We got 9 songs. If my memory serves correct, I believe I read from other reviews of the headlining shows that they played 8 songs. Did we get an extra song because we were such a great crowd?? Or did the other shows get 9 songs as well??

Right, great show last night, as usual. It was my third time seeing them. All of which were headlining sets at the Medley!
Setlistwise, just switch To Rid the Disease and Wreath in the order and that was it. Same 9 songs than the first headlining show. There was no surprise.
Mikael (wearing a Scorpions t-shirt) said they're coming back in september. Can't wait! But I have a feeling they'll need a bigger venue. The place was packed! The biggest crowd I've ever seen there!

sick sick sick show, flew all the way from winnipeg for it, and it was most definitely worth it. 3 was absolutely amazing live, and opeths setlist was fucking amazing.

I was there too, It was freaking amazing !!! I was almost at the front row and God I was almost squashed when they started Demon of the Fall ! Mike was funny as hell, he was always playing an Yngwie riff :p He played the ''Guess the riff'' game and he played the end of Black Rose Immortal :p Saying it was the only thing he remembered. Amazing band,Amazing Setlist,Amazing Show, probably the best metal show i've seen ! Come back Opeth!

Those are the songs from Three that I remember:

The World is Born From Flames
Alien Angel
Battle Cry
These Iron Bones
The End is Begun
Dregs
Bramfatura
Wakepig
Amazed Disgrace

And they did their usual jam / improvisation thing with the percussions and during Amazed Disgrace. Outstanding performance as always!!!

Yeah....I think when they come back in September, they will need to play at Metropolis. Last nights show was as packed as when I saw Testament/Grave/Dismember, Lamb Of God/Trivium/Machine Head, and Machine Head/Arch Enemy at the Medley. All those headlining bands need to upgrade to Metropolis. I'm dissapointed that the upcoming Testament gig on August 3rd is going to be at L'Olympia de Montreal. I have never heard of it, but the pictures looked decent on the site. I was hoping it would be at Metropolis though.

The show was really amazing. Like, everything was just perfect.

I have one question though. When he was talking about tuning and stuff, he played a harmonic riff and said "Thats for next time...". Now, I KNOW that riff, but I have a total blank as to what song it's in. Could anyone help? :p

I just got back to Ottawa from seeing the boys in Montreal. Great fucking show. I got there right when THREE hit the stage. Really cool band. The frontman has a dreamy voice and his guitar playing abilities are impeccable. I really likes his style.

Opeth......well........they were flawless in every aspect.

The first time I saw them was on SOTU at some Tennis Court place and they're set got cut short for whatever reason. They only played 3 songs, and there was a bunch of technical malfunctions, so it wasn't exactly an enjoyable Opeth experience. Then I saw them on Gigantour and it was better, yet still not a great experience because it was at a big arena, and they only played for about 45 minutes.

Soooo......tonight(or last night seeing as though it's now 3:19am) I had the pleasure of finally seeing Opeth at a small venue performing a headlining set. It's also my favorite venue in Montreal as well.

The sound was great, the performance was flawless, the set list was fantastic and the crowd once again like at every Montreal show was downright amazing. Axe is a great drummer and he's a welcomed change from Lopez. Frederik is a fabulous guitar player and fills Peter's shoes with perfection. Mikael was his usual self and brought the funny a few times. I also bought the $50 zip-up Watershed hoodie. The smallest size they had was XX-L, so I tried it on and it actually wasn't too bad, so I bought it in hopes of it shrinking to a perfect size when I put it in the dryer.

Setlist was like this and in this order if I remember correctly.

Demon Of The Fall
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time Of Need
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

We got 9 songs. If my memory serves correct, I believe I read from other reviews of the headlining shows that they played 8 songs. Did we get an extra song because we were such a great crowd?? Or did the other shows get 9 songs as well??

They play longer when Dream Theater isn't with them. They played this EXACT same setlist at the Portland Oregon Headlining gig at the beginning of this tour:kickass: