Seattle show last night

Funeral Portrait said:
what's the seating arrangement like at the showbox? was everyone standing or were there chairs. ive never been there before.

There are chairs in the back and along the bars on each side of the venue. The floor itself has no chairs but there are little staircases that lead to the seating areas. All in all, the place is pretty spacious with a lot of seating available and both shows I've been to have had great sound.

excellent show, too much feedback at times but besides that it was good sound. I was in the front wearing a grey tank top, beige walking shorts and a backwards seahawks hat. The crowd interaction with mike was really cool, even though people were yelling out all night for a metal song. It was mikes own fault though, he kept saying if you see some funny stuff from PT during opeths set "Do a death metal voice". I thought for sure they would play a metal song cause he kept saying do a death metal voice.

The extended version of Closure kicked fucking ass, loved the way the built it up the outro. Face of Melinda ruled as expected.

Porcupine Tree had a better sound than Opeth though, and there setlist was alot better. Wedding Nails, Russia On Ice and Futile were highlights of the night. The drum solo during hatesong was one of the most amazing things ive seen live, cool as hell.

The night before I seen Fates/Dream Theater/Queensryche so I wasnt as pumped for opeth/pt as i normally sould have been but throughly enjoyed it. Now I just want to see opeth do a metal set now, but that wont happen will after there nxt album. Later.