Orlando show last night

StillLife

Nov 12, 2002
Visit site
in-fucking-credible

moonspell-3/10
boring really...i heard they left the stage and such at the same exact times the show before, and everything...i still don't understand what the big skull stick was about

devildriver-8/10
they sucked, but there was this heckler standing close to the guitarist with the mohawk, yelling things like, where the fuck is kataklysm you faggots! whoo go coal chamber! and other such things, and proceeded to dance and mock the guitarist, great stuff

opeth-15/10
damn...amazing....
opened with master's apprentice...man, heavy
when mikael got his acoustic someone yelled out harvest, and he said...i think i forgot that one and played about 5 bars of it
such an amazing show...
i almost lost my voice during demon of the fall

i liked moonspell, but i didn't get the skull stick either...i fell asleep during devildriver, what a worthless band....there were actually people there just to see them and left after they finished...what buffoons....but opeth kicked mighty ass, indeed

StillLife said:
mmhm
blue collared worker my ass, hes on fucking tour(dez from dd)
That heckler would've been me and a couple of my friends. I don't think I'm the one you're talking about, but I was yelling "Where the fuck is Kataklysm".
The entire devil driver set was like genital mutilation.

When he said the shit about the blue collared workers, I lost it. Is Dez Bruce Springsteen now? Fuck Devildriver and fuck their moronic fans. I felt really bad for moonspell; it wasn't my kind of music, but they weren't bad. I thought the moonspell skull stuck was a "crowd necromancy" rod, cause you know, the crowd was....dead! HA HA HA.

sorry.

Opeth was great.

ya, the crowd sucked for moonspell...i'm not too familiar with all their material, i only have darkness and hope, and i like listening to it, but i'm not crazy about them...i enjoyed their show, but i don't make a lot of noise or bang my head at shows...i just listen and watch them play

Moonspell got much props here in SoCal. Not so much moshing, but the ratio of headbangers to non-headbangers increased dramatically when Moonspell took the stage. As opposed to fucking Devildriver.

i fucking loved moonspell's set...it was CD quality, and the sound in the HOB is SOO much better than I expected....that Moonspell singer is friggin scary, too...7 feet tall, if i recall correctly.

I kinda nodded off during DevilDriver's set (or was it one whole song of torture?), and laughed at all the slipknot kids that were goin crazy to them...

Opeth rocked my friggin socks.....the sound kinda got on my nerves, like how there was too much bass in Mikeal's vocals, and how his guitar (and Peter's) seemed to be drowned out by Mendez's bass and Lopez's kick drum (although the drum mix was INCREDIBLE)....but I plugged up my ears to cut out all the noise, and lemme tell you,,....those Opeth boys know how to play some fuckin music....

10/10 for Moonspell
100/10 for Opeth

....devil who?

LOL Fernando isnt 7 ft bro! Lol i'm 6ft 1 and i shook his hand. He's about my height. Anyhow yea here in so cal. (anaheim atleast) Moonspell had the crowd going! Some people were there just for them. I headbanged my headoff. To bad orlando fans didn't get into them.

P.S Opeth fucking kill \m/

AllWithinMyMonster said:
LOL Fernando isnt 7 ft bro! Lol i'm 6ft 1 and i shook his hand. He's about my height. Anyhow yea here in so cal. (anaheim atleast) Moonspell had the crowd going! Some people were there just for them. I headbanged my headoff. To bad orlando fans didn't get into them.

P.S Opeth fucking kill \m/
Show was awesome!!!
Their were alot of people around me who came to the show for devil driver who walked away really liking moonspell. They kicked ass!! But im not sure if that's a good thing:erk:

Ive waited 6 or 7 years to see moonspell live, and i thought they were awesome. Opeth was brilliant, I was so fucking amazed. This was the first time I saw them live also. :worship: I really, really dislike these nu metal degenerates. A couple of them were mocking moonspell and opeth, idiots. Devil driver (the band) is a joke, everyone knows it including Dez. he jumped on yet another bandwagon to try to stay cool. The other members of the band are actually cool though (not the music though). They do actually listen to Death metal and black metal. Dez might be clueless but they are not.

I think you guys will like this. I went to the Orlando and Tampa shows..brought my friend who likes "musically" death metal, but not vocally. No kidding, after last night, he's now an Opeth fan. Anyway, the California guys mentioned something that made me sick, about all the kiddies to see dd, and wearing old school death metal shirts at the shows. You guys weren't joking!! Everywhere!!! To prove a point, I told my friend "watch this...", as a girl with a mortician shirt walked by-
me-hey cool shirt, which album should I start with?
Girl-ummm..Huh?
m-you know, Mortician, which album should I get?
g- I don't know any of their songs
m-that's ok, I just wonder which you think is their best.
g-I don't know what their albums are called...
m-what do you think about Hacked up for Barbecue?
g-huh? umm...
m-how's the new one..I think it's called Bloodbath sessions...
g-I don't know.
m-(to another girl closeby, with yet another guy wearing Obituary, and Death shirts) what's your fav. Obituary album?
other girl-their new album! (I didn't even bother to tell her they just reunited)
m-(to the guy) who gave you that shirt?
guy-what do you mean?
m-comeon, you don't have a clue who they are, or what they play do you?
guy-I didn't get the shirt from anyone. It's mine.
m-that's cool..see you at their next show!
guy-fuck yeah!! when is it? I hope next month,cause I'm broke!
m- :Smug:
I just don't understand why these fake death metal fans just don't go out and try to check these bands out. Just wearing the shirt, thinking it's good "chemoflauge" isn't going to fool the real death metal supporters...I wasn't the only one that couldn't resist saying something. At least I tried to give them a chance to prove me wrong. Some DM fans weren't so polite.
p.s.-did anyone get treated a little too unkindly, for no reason at all by some of the security staff there? Some of them at the entrance were actually talking shit, and trying to get some of us to argue back and make a scene, so they could have an excuse to get all jock-like on us.

oy, and how about that guy that shouted "I didn't come here to see Led Zeppelin, you bitches!" during In My Time Of Need...? that's the sort of fellow that you know has Japanese chicks shit in his mouth just for kicks

why don't Opeth mosh pits ever die? moshing's great, I do it all the time, but some of those pit regulars were mental; "hey, here's a great slow part with kickdrums for the beat - let's fucking tear!" I saw this same thing in St. Louis on the D1 tour, so it's not just Orlando madness - but does this happen everywhere else?

dragonfear said:
oy, and how about that guy that shouted "I didn't come here to see Led Zeppelin, you bitches!" during In My Time Of Need...?
well, that guy had more than a few drinks that night, and even so, i bet he's still an asshole when he's sober.....the jackass also spilled half his pina colada on my shirt........

dragonfear said:
why don't Opeth mosh pits ever die? moshing's great, I do it all the time, but some of those pit regulars were mental; "hey, here's a great slow part with kickdrums for the beat - let's fucking tear!" I saw this same thing in St. Louis on the D1 tour, so it's not just Orlando madness - but does this happen everywhere else?
When I saw them the only part I really saw people mosh was during Deliverance..BWP I think, and Demon of the Fall.

Yeah april too..but I didn't really pay attention to the moshers..I just saw the tampa show..there wasn't much of a crowd anyway

yeah, mikael said the turn out wasn't great for shows in florida, except for orlando
heh
the floor was packed and such
mikael thanks people a whole lot