Montreal, October 29th: Best. Show. Ever.

It was indeed a good show.. Nevermore went on for a bit too long IMO, i couldnt hear anything but the vocals.. then again it is hard to get downtuned guitars like that to sound very good live. i dont know any nevermore either so that didnt help.. i did have a fuckin blast though it was awesome...

someone yelled derek (i dont know why) is gay and mikael said we're gay?
and then mike said martin mendez is gay and martin didnt even say anything
does he not understand english or is he the band's bitch

Alcapoth said:
:headbang: Hell YES! Jesus Christ, I don't think I can even dream of a better concert than the one I saw in Montreal of Opeth. I was truly in awe. Best band in the best damn city I have ever visited.

Rensei pretty much took all the words straight out of my mouth about the show, haha - it was just THAT damn good. Holy crap, after the 5th time seeing them I was amazed this was BY FAR the greatest performance they ever did. And WHEN! For fuck's sake WHEN! I think I just about lost it when this song came on to the point where my lost the use of my voice, hehe. The moshpit for the song was seriously BRUTAL! All you guys in Montreal REALLY kicked ass and it was evident the band felt the EXACT same way about the city. Seriously, this song was the highlight for me, as was Bleak and OMG, the MOST beautiful version of Face of Melinda I have ever, ever heard (second time seeing this one live) and the excellent use of RED lighting truly set the stage for this incredible track - it's all about the MEDLEY's sound that REALLY enhanced the overall mood and quality, for sure. I was just...blown away by the majestic atmosphere the band has displayed.

Top 3 songs that showcased the most energy from what I have witnessed, I'd say were;

When, Blackwtare Park and of course, Demon of the Fall (as always - one in which I was at the balcony for the first time ever on a song; hey, I wanted to chill and see the finale from a bird's eye perspective, hehe, with beer in hand)

In the end, ALL the songs were A++ material - there wasn't a single thing I can say the show lacked. It was perfection, yes. And I agree, TGC is the PERFECT live song - OMG it was incredible and truly powerful and caused quite a stir in the crowd, oh yeah. ;) The terrific sound and shaking ground helped things out as well, of course.

And hey, Charles (Rensei), the trip to Montreal was DEFINITELY an unforgettable experience. So great in fact I did not want it to come to an end. But hey, damn, it was just too cool to FINALLY be able to meet up and chill out in such a beautiful city and as well, to the greatest band on the face of the earth (OPETH! OPETH! OPETH!). I loved the adventure and can't wait to go for another trip. Hell, you can bet we'll be there in February and HOPEFULLY I will be in 100% health this time around, which will make that perfect experience twice as enjoyable, haha.

Anyways, Cheers and a cheers goes out to all who attended that show. Man, I looked around and everyone was absolutely kicking ass at the show. I was totally revved up. I have NEVER seen a better crowd.

sidenote: And who was there that witnessed some hot girl strip-teasing up on the balcony after the show??? Hah, that caught some attention as well - ;) very, very nice!

On a final note, and in all honesty, the way I felt at the show, I don't really think words can even convey. SUPERB!

Thanks OPETH!
Man, when will I ever meet the guys? Oh well, whatever, so long as I keep enjoying their music.

Nice post man. I definitely agree with all you said. Btw, I got your fucking cold :yell: My throat hurts as fuck! :p

Also, I didn't know the striptease, couldn't see a damn thing from where I were damn...well except the band.
Btw, how do you like the arcturus albums?

Definitely an amazing show. I'm so glad this was at the Medley rather than some other crap place, The Medley always has great sound but Opeth's sound for this night was just mindblowing. So rich and full, especially for the acoustic songs.

The crowd singing along to In My Time Of Need was great.. although I'l have to be honest here, the best singalong of the night was for Nevermore's "The Heart Collector" - my favorite Nevermore song ever and the crowd sang it really well... I sang along the whole song word for word at the top of my lungs, hahaha.

The Heart Collector was absolutely fantastic indeed! Hail the supremacy of Dead Hear in a Dead World.

For those of you going to Opeth in Montreal again in February... maybe we can catch a drink before the show or something. I expect that show to be amazing as well, hopefully it won't get sold out like this time and we'll have a little more breathing space in there.
That would rock!

Rensei said:
Nice post man. I definitely agree with all you said. Btw, I got your fucking cold :yell: My throat hurts as fuck! :p

Btw, how do you like the arcturus albums?

:( Damn, you caught my cold? SHIT!!! Sorry about that, man. I was hoping it wouldn't reach ya and pass by - fuck! I still have mine eh? Though, I don't have the throat problem anymore. Man, I hope it doesn't interfere with your "studies."

Oh, and Sideshow Symphonies is absolutely fucking amazing. I think I now prefer it over Blood Inside even - it's too close, though. Just...wow! I cranked it WAY up on my stereo system - it was beau-ti-ful.

Oh, and I HOPE they play stuff like Ghost of Perdition and Beneath the Mire the second time around in Montreal (February) - hell, Harlequin Forest would SO ROCK live! I gotta make it there again *hopefully* to check it out while feeling my best. Perhaps they'll even throw in a track or two from morningrise (Orchid would be swell, but I haven't even heard them play an Orchid song the 5 times I've seen them live now, so highly unlikey unfortunately.)

The one song I heard them play live from morningrise was ADVENT and holy shit that was amazing. In all honesty, an opeth show that would reach beyond-perfection status would be hearing at least ONE track from EVERY opeth album to have that perfect balance of everything. That would rule! If this was the case, It'd be like this for me....

Nectar (Black Rose Immortal is just too long, I guess)
In Mist She Was Standing
April Ethereal or When
The Moor or Face of Melinda
Bleak or Drapery Falls
Master's Apprentices or A Fair Judgement
Windowpane or Hope Leaves
Ghost of Perdition or Beneath the Mire

Won't happen, most-likely, but you can dream, right?

In the end, that show in Montreal is still unlike any show I have ever seen. It seems if you're a fan of Opeth, you can just never get enough of their music.

The girls stripteasing on the balcony was entertaining.. We were in line to get our coats from the coat check and a guy in front of me started yelling to them to show their tits, and they giggled and teased for awhile but it was obvious they were soaking up the attention and would end up showing some skin. At one point I yelled "DIRTYPILLOWS!" and lifted up my shirt, and eventually one girl lifted the shirt up enough to see her jugs. Hilarious shit.

Haha...that IS hilarious, man. Btw, I was definitely there when they revealed their tits. Oh yeah, good times! But damn, it took FOREVER for me to get my coat back - shit the line-up was LONG.

I was at that show as well! Sadly, I just found out about this forum. Thanks for the pics, Triste! I wonder if anyone has videos from the show... that would be pretty sick... it was BY FAR the best concert I have been to!!