Moonbride

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
What is the Moonbride album?
What's it's tracklist?
When was it released and how it represents the early katatonia?

hahaha... oops, i'm afraid we may have started a bit of a rumor :p moonbride doesn't exist, sorry to tell you... read the post 'early interview with jonas' (or something like that... or maybe the anders one?), in which he mentions that their next album (after DoDS) will be called Moonbride. never was made, and no real info about what was to be on it, etc... that's about all we know, i think... but yeah, there is no album Moonbride. sorry :p

Who knows, maybe they did record it but never released it.:rolleyes: I mean, the Brave Yester Days CD will feature a previously unreleased song from the Sounds Of Decay-sessions!!! They might have some more stuff on the reels, somewhere in the basement. You never know... Damn it, I want to hear the Moonbride album! C'mon! :lol:

A. we should start a petition to release it!
B. I searched in google for katatonia+moonbride, there was this guy who published his albums list... and of them was Moonbride, I think... and I refound that interview on the same search....
Start the rumor... there's a katatonia rarity missing!

Speaking about rarities...I remember having read a list of CDs where the guy had a "demo" of October Tide; If anyone got this one, or if Jonas could confirm it does exist, I guess I could start counting my money to get it.
I am still one of the biggest October Tide in the world, and will till the ned of my life I guess...:)

Thanks for answering Jonas!
I do have two questions though....
Why did October Tide did not continue after Grey Dawn?
Will the demo ever be available?

A Die-Hard fan

I know Jonas wanted to concentrate all his efforts on Katatonia. I respect this decision, but (there's always a "but" you know...) I keep on thinking it is one of the biggest error in the metal history!
Even if OT was often presented as being a follow-up to early Katatonia (it was probably the case for 'Rain Without end' I agree), 'Grey Dawn' still is one of the musical achievement I praise the most. Never the use of disharmony was so amazing in a metal album. I know some people has regretted that this album sounds boring in a whole. I have never understood this statement. I own 'Grey Dawn' since it was released in 1999, and still listen to it carefully nowadays, cause the musical composition, the guitar works on this album is just genious. I still have difficulties to understand how a song like 'Dear Sun' was composed for example(I just know they used open-tuning ?).
You can hear that there was a real reflection concerning the choice of every guitar riffs and melodic lines.
Jonas, Fred , I keep on thinking you shoud give October Tide another try!!!

Concerning the unreleased song of OT, it would be a nice idea to see it in the Kompedium release...even though I wonder if Katatonia members had their word to say concerning this release and the choice of its content...anyone to answer this question?

Originally posted by Jonas Renkse
We have no unreleased full-lenght album, what was supposed to be an album called 'Moonbride' became a MCD called 'For Funerals to Come'. The supposed cover (and where the title came from) ended up on the FFtC shirt instead.
A complete album in the style of For Funerals To Come, oohhh, why didn't it happen... :cry:
OT recorded a promo tape with the songs 'Blue Gallery' (also on the album) and 'To Die From Strenght'. It was never released officially though.
I want "To Die From Strength" too!