Moonsorrow- V:Havitetty

Mar 12, 2005
i know most of you hate Moonsorrow, but there are a few of you who enjoy their music. Is anyone planning on purchasing V: Havitetty? (which came out today) Or does anyone that has heard it have any brief reviews or descriptions?

From reading various opinions from those who like this band, this is(in their minds) a masterwork. I have not heard it, but it only contains 2 songs. Based on their previous release"Veriskeet" they could have cut at least 3-5 minutes off of each song and imo, still got the musical point conveyed. Too fuckin' much wankery for my taste, and too much fat. The lead singer on Veriskeet sounded like he got a Viking sword shoved up his arse with all that over-the-top screaming. In places it seemed he was trying to scream over the music. Very annoying to these ears. And I hear this vocal trend continues on "hava titty." I will avoid this.

'Is this moonsorrows At War with Satan or Tubular Bells? ...or something in between'

this is what the advert says in my Terrorizer mag

I dug the other moonsorrow cds but this sounds even more like my kinda thing :)

Yeah I'm loving this album. Most of the cheesiness that many people complain about is absent, so that might draw more people to it. Great atmosphere on this thing too. I really think more Opeth fans would dig this.

I agree! They've moved away from the cheese into a totally epic direction, with a lot of subtlety and shifting textures or whatever you want to call it going on to keep the listener involved.