Moonsorrow

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
I think many ppl like Moonsorrow here, so they deserve a thread:)
Here is the latest news from their site:

28.10.2002 - Moonsorrow's third album has been chosen to bear the name "Kivenkantaja" (Stonebearer). The epic will contain 6 tracks, which are all yet untitled, and the total duration will probably top 50 minutes. Most of the material is on a final pre-arrangement stage, and we now may reveal that the Moonsorrow-sound will be carried quite a little further with this release. Or well, you'll hear.

The band will be heading north to Tico Tico Studios starting from 18th November and should get out of there by 6th December. We intend on keeping a studio diary which we will release on our website, updating it on a daily basis, so you can check it out for more intriguing details.

The release of the album is set by Spikefarm Records for March 2003.

probably Henri will be keymaster on second Enter Chaos' album...

Originally posted by Mocika
@Fragile: at least... try to give us one word from its title :lol:

ok ok just for you m lord, i ve gone and got the cd and copyed it letter for letter, belive me i needed too.... Finnish seems a very complex language!

Moonsorrow, Voimasta ja kunniasta

I think track 2 is my favorite one on it so far, although that might well change!

I saw it going for half the normal price in a cd sale and having heard of them on the catamenia forum, i thought what the hell and bought it, now im glad i did!:D

Oh this is indeed great, Moonsorrow kicks ass!!!
Anyone seen the band pictures on their website?
They are really great, some of the best band pics Ive seen :eek:

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! it'sw the MOST EPIC FUCKIN' ALBUM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

NP: Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja

Haven't listened to Moonsorrow before but I got 'Kivenkantaja' last week and I must say it is a very good album. I'm not too much in to the whole Viking-thing but where other bands I've heard sound a bit cheesy Moonsorrow actually sounds a bit Vikingish =)

Friends and fellowmen!

Quite some time has passed since the last post on Moonsorrow's mailing list, but at least now we have something to announce. The release of "Kivenkantaja" is just around the corner and, as we've made everything ready for the release, we've also renewed our website. The content is basically the same but, quite evidently, with more information. And here are the news:

The album information and the lyrics for "Kivenkantaja" have been released. There are no sound files (yet) but check these out as teasers. Sections releases and lyrics.

"Kivenkantaja" is now available for pre-ordering. Fill the form (at merchandise page) and we will tell you how to proceed.

And for all of you who still haven't got your copy of "Suden Uni" or "Tämä Ikuinen Talvi" cd, there is another pleasant surprise on the merchandise page. The price for "Tämä Ikuinen Talvi" has dropped
to 12 euros, and "Suden Uni" has gone even lower, to 10 euros!

We have also lowered the euro price of the t-shirt to 15, but due to freight costs the dollar price has remained the same.

The old member profiles have been wiped out and replaced. Check members for some new stories and images. Then look for the brand new band shots at the gallery.

3 upcoming gigs have been confirmed; two will follow the release of the album and one will be a festival appearance. The info will be found from the live section but it goes basically like this:
April 3rd - Tuska 2003 Warm up weekend (Nosturi, Helsinki) w/ Finntroll

April 4th - Easter Master (Pakkahuone/Klubi, Tampere) w/ Children of Bodom and Norther

July 11th - Tuska Open Air metal festival (Kaisaniemi, Helsinki) w/ loads of great bands (look at www.tuska-festival.fi and drool)

The question of more gigs is on the table already. However, all inquiries should be addressed to Welldone and not the band.

On behalf of Moonsorrow,
Ville Seponpoika Sorvali

http://www.moonsorrow.cjb.net
http://www.spinefarm.fi
http://www.welldone.fi

Does this mean that Finntroll is playing specifically on July 11th during Tuska? Or just that they're appearing at the festival and the specific date of their time slot is as of yet undecided?

B/c I don't arrive in Finland until July 12th! Now I'm worried!