Moonsorrow/Woods Of Ypres - January 15th, 2007

Holy mother of crap, this is something I'd give alot to be able to see! I have to agree though that Moonsorrow does not work all that well live. If I remember corretly they refuse to use playbacks for ideological reasons and their live keyboardist apparently only has two hands.

Infernium said:
Holy mother of crap, this is something I'd give alot to be able to see! I have to agree though that Moonsorrow does not work all that well live. If I remember corretly they refuse to use playbacks for ideological reasons and their live keyboardist apparently only has two hands.

Yep...and the beautifully epic vocal harmonies of their recordings are notably absent. I understand that reproducing multi-voice harmonies live is a difficult proposal, but one can at least partially achieve the affect with at least 3 voices, like Porcupine Tree for example, but with Moonsorrow it was only one of the guitarists doing all the clean singing.

Why on a Monday?! WHY?! Stupid living in London two hours away, that would so kickass. Please come to London once you start booking shows, I must see you guys.

lol first post in this forum... im coming to this one for sure, how come it is not advertised on inertia? just cuz hes not the freaking promoter, man we need a website with news about local bands and not so mainstream bands coming to tow
(just found out that storm lord went to Montreal and i wasnt aware of it i would have gone damn it)

Wow, what a great show. I would love to see Moonsorrow hit the states but I just don't see it happening any time soon :(

It had its moments, definitely, but the album as a whole was burdened by too much filler/weak ideas/riffs borrowed from earlier albums. "Baning of the Hounds", however, is excellent.

Aye aye! Ghost of Perdition has some nice bits in it, but steer clear of the album... especially The Grand Masturbation!
ORCHID, MORNINGRISE FTW!!!

And also, to everyone who lives in Toronto...
A GRAND FUCK YOU