MOONSORROW

I have to admit I've only listened to Verisäkeet so far. Looking forward to seeing them live with Mourning Beloveth and Primordial in a few weeks. Actually, I'm more excited about Mourning Beloveth and Primordial, but Moonsorrow are a nice bonus. :cool:

JayKeeley said:
By the way, Moonsorrow apparently do not rehearse. I just can't believe it with some of their tracks clocking in at 15 minutes, but that's what they say.

That sounds very implausible, no way could they pull off some of their epic material live without hours of practice, unless they have every last detail memorized...I can't even begin to imagine how much perfectionism will go into that 24 minute track.

J. said:
Interviewer: You usually are categorized as “Viking Metal”. What do you think about this “genre” yourselves?

Moonsorrow: Bah, we never had anything to do with Viking Metal. MOONSORROW is Pagan Metal, epic Heathen Metal, whatever you call it, but never "Folk Metal" or "Viking Metal".
LOL. Let me sum up:

Pagan Metal = Yes
Heathen Metal = Yes
Viking Metal = No

This is why classifying music is a pointless endeavor. When you can't find two people, who would classify the same five bands consistently, what's the point?

Zod

General Zod said:
This is why classifying music is a pointless endeavor. When you can't find two people, who would classify the same five bands consistently, what's the point?

Zod

FWIW I classify bands for personal reasons, and because general agreements on genre can lead to some interesting discussion.

Then you have your people like IotS who believe that genre is 100% objective and set in stone - ridiculous!

edit: I don't care if one of the band members doesn't want to call Moonsorrow "Folk Metal." They use both folk and metal prominently in every fucking song I've heard by them.

I am so there on the 30th

A 2010 spring tour w/ Finntroll, Swallow The Sun and Survivors Zero confirmed. The dates are as follows:

Apr. 06 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Apr. 07 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Apr. 08 - New York City, NY @ Grammercy Theater
Apr. 09 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Apr. 10 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Apr. 11 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
Apr. 12 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Apr. 13 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
Apr. 14 - Detroit, MI @ Blondie's
Apr. 15 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Apr. 16 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Apr. 17 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Apr. 19 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird
Apr. 21 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 22 - Vancouver, BC @ Red Room
Apr. 23 - Portland, OR @ Peters Room
Apr. 24 - San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
Apr. 25 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 26 - Mesa, AZ @ U.B.'s
Apr. 27 - Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Apr. 29 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
Apr. 30 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
May 01 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater

How's the new one? Saw a bunch of milksops ranting and raving about it on the interwebz, but I need an opinion from a middle aged RC'er before I can be arsed. :smug:

Gone are the days when the web licked the loincloth of every moonsorrow release.

They never did reach the heights of voimasta