Morbid Angel back in the studio... can I get a roundtable?

Sorry to just totally shatter everyone's perception of Mr. Vincent, but I just can't help myself! :cool:

Here's another...

evil2b.jpg

Holy crap... now in all fairness those are ads for Dean guitars so... so uhhh....... oh fuck it, I'm just glad his past work was respectible.

I never imagined that this thread would turn into making fun of David Vincent!!! :lol:

Maybe he and the members of Deathstars can have a big I-was-previously-in-a-good-death-metal-band-but-started-to-dress-up-like-a-homosexual-Marilyn-Manson-reject-and-play-crappy-music orgy. (FYI, Deathstars was previously the good melodic death/black metal band Swordmaster until they completely sold out -- and they admit it -- and started playing crap techno. They got thoroughly pwnd though as Deathstars seems to be a commercial failure to say the least.)

JULIYA~4.JPG

Has anyone ever seen Fuse TV? This bird, Juliya, is one good looking chick, but dumb as a cowpat. I think she's hosting MTV's Headbangers Ball now...

I talked to david vincent twice when they played houston. (with the genitorturers) all that racist nonsense was just an act...he was so goofy, and he still acknowledges terrorizer so that's a plus for me.I don't understand why anybody here would have a problem with ignorant hitler-isms when about 90% of you listen to racist black metal bands...I think his goth-glam makeup sucks, just as bad as BM corpse paint... I wonder if the genitorturers was black metal, would you still make fun of david's make up?

JayKeeley said:
JULIYA~4.JPG

Has anyone ever seen Fuse TV? This bird, Juliya, is one good looking chick, but dumb as a cowpat. I think she's hosting MTV's Headbangers
Ball now...

yeah, I watch uranium when I catch it. this chick is goddamned hot, but yeah, you're right, it makes me cringe cause she is a total airhead...a walking cliche....but she is total eye candy...damn look at what she's wearing...fucking trey...bastard...rrraaarrr...

iconbertone said:
I don't understand why anybody here would have a problem with ignorant hitler-isms when about 90% of you listen to racist black metal bands...I think his goth-glam makeup sucks, just as bad as BM corpse paint... I wonder if the genitorturers was black metal, would you still make fun of david's make up?

Absolutely we would. There's a thread somewhere with all pictures of the IMMORTAL duo - we had a hoot! You've gotta laugh at yesteryear - I even cringe when watching Iron Maiden clad in lycra on Live After Death.

At the end of the day, it's the music that counts. And before you told me that David Vincent's racist ramblings were an act, his attitude never stopped me from buying Morbid Angel CDs (or tapes back in the day).

I doubt if it works the other way round. If a band is racist, nazi, NSBM, or whatever, do fans buy it even if the music itself sucks? I would guess probably not. I think most people put music before lyrics, attitude, and image.

Anyone agree / disagree with this?

:Spin:

JayKeeley said:
I doubt if it works the other way round. If a band is racist, nazi, NSBM, or whatever, do fans buy it even if the music itself sucks? I would guess probably not. I think most people put music before lyrics, attitude, and image.

Anyone agree / disagree with this?

:Spin:

I totally disagree.
people supported burzum/count grisnackh/varg vikerfuckmeintheass right? or even early beherit...

I think most people put image first and foremost...I did it too in the late 80's and early 90's. I bought anything that looked like death metal...then I woke up. I havent even gone to rap and hip hop...why do people buy this? cause of the image. It can't be the music, it all sounds the same.

my point is in every music scene 90% of it's fans are trendy and clueless.

I don't even know what half of my favorite bands look like, so it's not image. I will purchase blindly if someone has a kickass album cover, but that doesn't mean I'll like them.

Concerning lyrics... I very rarely pay attention to them. Only to Pink Floyd, Tool, and sometimes Slayer. :)

iconbertone said:
I totally disagree.
people supported burzum/count grisnackh/varg vikerfuckmeintheass right? or even early beherit...

Perhaps that is to do with NSBM being a niche, and that collectors are completists (self evident).

Otherwise are you saying that there are NSBM fans who will buy NSBM music even if it is diabolical? I have to assume that people can differentiate between their own tastes.

Regardless of the genre, if you hate what you're hearing, then why buy it?

why buy it? cause the regular joe-schmoe is listening to it...I happen to know a shit load of people( I was into tape-trading back in the late 80's - the early 90's) who buy music cause of genre, not by the quality of the music itself...of course there are exemptions, but I'm talking about MOST people. it just seems that new-school death and black metal fans are into it cause it's COOL to be into it, where as they do not totally comprehend it...the same can be said of people who diss certain genres without hearing it simply cause it's not as "cool"...I actually tried to listen to rap...

En Vind Av Sorg said:
The vocals on Domination are fucking great. I cant understand why trey wasnt pleased with them in the later years.
I thought it was because the lyrics were no longer a vehicle for the Ancient Ones. Besides, I thought they were much better than Covenant. :p

iconbertone said:
why buy it? cause the regular joe-schmoe is listening to it...I happen to know a shit load of people( I was into tape-trading back in the late 80's - the early 90's) who buy music cause of genre, not by the quality of the music itself...

That is so sad. I have to assume this is a 'maturity' thing. I mean, your description here isn't too dissimilar to the way teenagers will go out and buy anything (and everything) by N'Sync or whatever.

...it just seems that new-school death and black metal fans are into it cause it's COOL to be into it, where as they do not totally comprehend it...the same can be said of people who diss certain genres without hearing it simply cause it's not as "cool"...I actually tried to listen to rap...

I just always assumed that there was some further level of discretion in metal circles - especially where metal fans are probably the most critical of all.

Having said all that, I do find it quite alarming that some people are willing to write off entire sub-genres just because they have 'clean' vocals ( which is laughable when you think about it - shouldn't it be the other way around?), or because they might contain keyboard melodies...the list is endless. But what we're discussing here is that some fans will go out and buy anything from an NSBM artist, say, just because they fall into the NSBM category. That is equally as retarded - it makes no sense to me whatsover.

JayKeeley said:
Having said all that, I do find it quite alarming that some people are willing to write off entire sub-genres just because they have 'clean' vocals ( which is laughable when you think about it - shouldn't it be the other way around?), or because they might contain keyboard melodies...the list is endless. But what we're discussing here is that some fans will go out and buy anything from an NSBM artist, say, just because they fall into the NSBM category. That is equally as retarded - it makes no sense to me whatsover.

exactly. you hit the nail right in the head.

this is what people do. I even heard of people dissing morbid angel's entire catalog AFTER david vincent sang "bow to me faithfully" at the end of "god of emptiness"...people were like "morbid angel is turning goth" "that's gay" or shit like that...why did people ignore meathook seed? cause mitch plays in fucking napalm death...they hear a sample and go "ugh, industrial" "sellout" it just really pisses me off...

sorry to diss the new school fans but I have yet to meet someone who knows what they are talking about...

funny personally my band gets a lot of shit from all camps, "too goth" or "too electronic" for metalheads and "too metal" for gothic people and "not enough samples" for fucking industrial rivetheads...I'm fucking glad this is not my livelihood...I would just kill myself....