Morbid Angel enter studio

i don't like eric's productions.cannibal corpse had much better sound with the amazing colin richardson and neil kernon..

Felix - Covenant rules, but I didn't mention because I thought most people were familiar / loved that record! :D

Definitely one of my faves - God Of Emptiness is my favorite song off that album, along with Rapture.

I like them all, they each bring a different vibe to the table. They always managed to create a consistent Morbid Angel sound (musically) with slightly different thematic content from album to album.

His vocals suck balls nowadays.
I am a bit worried as to how they are gonna turn out.
I love his old raspy style, and his more guttural stuff aswell, but I don't know if he can cut it anymore.....

I'm going to try and channel some of the ultra-opinionated and arrogant vibes of this forum and say that if you don't like "Covenant" or "Domination" then you probably suck dick for coke or meth. :lol:

I couldn't disagree more.
I think those records sounded very flat. And did not complement the music very well.

not at all,bloodthirst is one of the best death metal productions.can i compare bloodthirst with KILL or EP?looool not at all it's a joke.cannibal recorded at mana studios because it's 40 minutes from their houses.that's what they said on an interview.
they have a smaller budget or something like that.colin and neil are one of the top producers in metal.eric is just famous because he was in morbid angel.
he is not a producer basically,it's just people that are impressed because he was in morbid angel.

And I think due to the fact that he was a part of Morbid Angel for so long and
that it's still his favorite band, he's going to get them the best sound
he is able to produce.

Erik has been engineering since before he was even in MA.
Budget may have been a reason why they worked with Erik, among many others. And it wasn't solely because they live near him.
But I love his production, the last Goatwhore, Hate eternal (apart from Koak), the drum's on Nile's last record.
Im not dismissing work of Richardson at all, that would be retarded, because he's one if the premier engineer in metal.
But imo the last two records sounded like a modern version of the Butchered and Tomb sound, which complements the music well.

Yeah that was posted on the first page haha

Btw, I listened to Heretic just now to refresh my memory of what it was like, and holy CRAP that sounds terrible. I mean it doesn't sound THAT bad, but comparing it to their previous releases then wow..