Morbid Angel - Illud Divinum Insanus new album discussion.

Let me restate what I said; The people who listen to it, take it seriously, go clubbing, and try to get other people to like it are gay. I have heard a lot of dubstep, I am not ignorant to the genre. Quite a number of my friends have become what I described in my first statement, so that is how I have become familiarized with the genre. My posting of the "Korn+Skillrex" video was a joke about Morbid Angel's next album, not a post about my understanding of dubstep.

As for my evaluation technique, I dislike dubstep for the same reason that I dislike everything that I do not like. It is silly music based on nothing but superficial feelings. I enjoy thought provoking music and dubstep does not fit under that category.

Let me restate what I said; The people who listen to it, take it seriously, go clubbing, and try to get other people to like it are gay.

I listen to it, take it "seriously"?, go clubbing, and play dubstep for people who have never heard it before and are curious about it. I don't know what offends you so much about dubstep but I suggest you stick to just condemning the music, not the fans. Besides, aren't you that dude that was whining about how people aren't taking you seriously due to your antics at MDF? Yet here you are dismissing an entire group of people because they support a specific genre of music that you happen to dislike? Stop being a keyboard warrior and grow up.

I listen to it, take it "seriously"?, go clubbing, and play dubstep for people who have never heard it before and are curious about it. I don't know what offends you so much about dubstep but I suggest you stick to just condemning the music, not the fans.

Usually, I don't condemn fans of whatever for whatever it is that they like to listen to, regardless on my opinion of the music that they like. Club music however, is different. The majority of the fan base is filled with acid head losers. They take the reality that they perceive while on psychedelic drugs and look at it as a spiritual awakening that they let heavily influence their perception of reality in general. There are exceptions to this, of course. I should add that there are some people who don't listen to club music that are what I just described and I do acknowledge this. However, they do seem to flock to the club scene.

Besides, aren't you that dude that was whining about how people aren't taking you seriously due to your antics at MDF? Yet here you are dismissing an entire group of people because they support a specific genre of music that you happen to dislike? Stop being a keyboard warrior and grow up.

My antics were fun for my age and I was merely annoyed because they acted as if I still took those antics seriously. Also, I don't dismiss people for the music that they listen to. I dismiss people for who they are and for the lack of what they're doing with themselves. Maybe it just so happens that a shit genre, such as dubstep, is filled with a loyal fan base of people who do nothing with more with themselves besides be part of a fan base of shit music and work menial jobs.

Please don't take this as a personal attack on you, it wasn't (unlike your post, of course). It's really just an elaboration on why I don't like the genre other than it being a shit genre. This is, after all, a forum in which people discuss their opinions on things and stuff. I've always wondered why you guys take somebody else's opinion on a subject as a personal attack directed at yourself.

Usually, I don't condemn fans of whatever for whatever it is that they like to listen to, regardless on my opinion of the music that they like. Club music however, is different. The majority of the fan base is filled with acid head losers. They take the reality that they perceive while on psychedelic drugs and look at it as a spiritual awakening that they let heavily influence their perception of reality in general.

You're a fucking ignorant.

Also, I don't dismiss people for the music that they listen to. I dismiss people for who they are and for the lack of what they're doing with themselves.

What business is it of yours what other people are doing with themselves?

Just live your life, seriously.

If other people are happy listening to dubstep and going clubbig, let them be.

For the record, i don't like dubstep either, but labeling a whole group of people gay because of what they like or what they do is absurd.

Hey cool kids ...

i stopped listening to metal some time after Covenant. It was one of my favourite DM Albums. A week ago i found out about the new album and gave it a shot.

I had it rotating for a week now. I gotta say that its probably my favourite MA album. It took some time to compute though, because there are certainly some strange vibes mixed in. First of all i think that the guitar work is awesome. Existo, Blades, 10 More, Nevermore totally made sense all around at some point. Thats a lot stuff done exactly right on one album. I remember buying whole albums for 20 seconds of awesomness. Anyway - I Am Morbid is a fraggin masterpiece. I saw a like 16 year old on youtube throwing excellent DM riffs at you, but to mix simple rock with death metal and make it work takes somebody with a lot of experience. And it absolutely does. Some people are just too narrow minded to get it i guess. The tracks i can´t really swallow are Destructos and Radikult, although im diggin the rock part on the latter introduced at 3:50. Omni potens doesnt count as a track for me and its kinda boring anyway. Too Extreme and Beauty are - ok. Mea Culpa is interesting for sure, but nothing i anticipate.

The production work is also very well done. They nailed everything except for the vocals maybe. They´re too clean for my taste. In the context of the rock vibes it makes kinda sense though. I think the faster tracks should have gotten a more powerful treatment, but yea ... not that important for me. I don´t really care about the lyrics. I guess there are some laughably bad parts, but i don´t really pay that much attention. I think because i am not a native speaker and that changes the perception a little bit. I understand 98% of them when listening. It is still not the same.

Rating 9,5/10

Cheers
Mark

The new MA isn't terrible. I like a few songs. I wouldn't mind the industrial part with MA, but they just didn't pull it off right. I'm into Fear Factory and other industrial metal bands, and MA just can't pull it off correctly. It sounds cheesy. If they're going in the experimental direction, great. I prey to god that they do it right.

Hey cool kids ...

i stopped listening to metal some time after Covenant. It was one of my favourite DM Albums. A week ago i found out about the new album and gave it a shot.

I had it rotating for a week now. I gotta say that its probably my favourite MA album. It took some time to compute though, because there are certainly some strange vibes mixed in. First of all i think that the guitar work is awesome. Existo, Blades, 10 More, Nevermore totally made sense all around at some point. Thats a lot stuff done exactly right on one album. I remember buying whole albums for 20 seconds of awesomness. Anyway - I Am Morbid is a fraggin masterpiece. I saw a like 16 year old on youtube throwing excellent DM riffs at you, but to mix simple rock with death metal and make it work takes somebody with a lot of experience. And it absolutely does. Some people are just too narrow minded to get it i guess. The tracks i can´t really swallow are Destructos and Radikult, although im diggin the rock part on the latter introduced at 3:50. Omni potens doesnt count as a track for me and its kinda boring anyway. Too Extreme and Beauty are - ok. Mea Culpa is interesting for sure, but nothing i anticipate.

The production work is also very well done. They nailed everything except for the vocals maybe. They´re too clean for my taste. In the context of the rock vibes it makes kinda sense though. I think the faster tracks should have gotten a more powerful treatment, but yea ... not that important for me. I don´t really care about the lyrics. I guess there are some laughably bad parts, but i don´t really pay that much attention. I think because i am not a native speaker and that changes the perception a little bit. I understand 98% of them when listening. It is still not the same.

Rating 9,5/10

Cheers
Mark

And so, having made his first and final post, the lone prophet rides off into the distance -- his fragile ego still intact...

zabu of nΩd;9955046 said:
And so, having made his first and final post, the lone prophet rides off into the distance -- his fragile ego still intact...

:lol::headbang: most of your 12000 posts are smarter than this, right?

You basically stopped listening to metal and now you like nu-metal. Cool. Now go.

I would personally rather listen to the same album, than subject myself to shittier and shittier albums under the pretense that they are "different".

I would personally rather listen to the same album, than subject myself to shittier and shittier albums under the pretense that they are "different".

IDI is not a shitty album. There is still a difference between "i don´t like something" and "this album is shit". Everything that follwed Covenant seemed to have been what you described. The new one has some quality stuff though ...

Slayer played it very safe for example, but this approach lacks excitement on the other hand. To compare this to what happened with Metallica isnt valid. What they did was WAY off the track.

Illud Divinum Insanus is half failed-experiment (the pseudo-industrial tracks), half uninspired, generic trash (the "death metal" tracks), with 100% shitty lyrics sprinkled on top for good measure. If it were a food, it'd be shit-flavored ice cream, with ground-up E/MDMA sprinkles on top. (See what I did there? Cause this album is for ravers. GEDDIT?)

Illud Divinum Insanus is half failed-experiment (the pseudo-industrial tracks), half uninspired, generic trash (the "death metal" tracks), with 100% shitty lyrics sprinkled on top for good measure. If it were a food, it'd be shit-flavored ice cream, with ground-up E/MDMA sprinkles on top. (See what I did there? Cause this album is for ravers. GEDDIT?)

:headbang::headbang::headbang: :lol:

I agree, and.. a band can evolve and try new things without completely going down the shit hole. This album is a result of what happens when a band gets old. The same thing has happened to every other 80s/90s metal band I can name. Look at the big four, look at Queensryche, WASP...just about any type of metal band that is older. They are all producing very weak, cheesy records these days. I give every band 1-6 albums and after they release their 5th or 6th, its going downhill as far as im concerned. Regardless, I dislike the new album....and the lyrics are really bad.